observations on sleep ez latex mattress purchase after a couple of months

bought a sleep ez blended mattress set with their base about 2 months ago
here are my observations

got firm/ medium/medium
moved the firm to the middle and still felt to soft

swapped one medium for another firm …for firm/firm/medium

still debating on whether it is a little too soft, just moved one of the firm layers to the top, medium is in the middle

my observations are that it seems for the first few days if i changed anything the bed feels firmer, but then after 3-4 days it feels soft again

also 2 months in the smell is still pretty strong, not a terrible chemical smell but definitely noticable

do feel sleep ez gave me a good deal on the bed and i am mostly happy with it, it is well made

but think for people that like a firm bed maybe the very firm layers would be better, wishing i had swapped out the medium for a very firm even if it had to be on the bottom
should have gone with my gut instead of letting them tell me what i needed

swapping layers by yourself is a hassle, cannot imagine doing that with anything thicker than the 3 inch
and was very surprised to find nowhere that makes a shrink wrap bag for these layers, that is something that definitely needs to be available
i would have gladly paid $20 or more for a bag that would shrink a 3 inch layer

hope these observations help someone else

Hi cvincent,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

It’s always amazing to me to see the wide range of comments and feedback both about firmness preferences and about the smell of latex but of course each person is unique in their preferences and sensitivities (although you do seem to prefer firmer layers than most people “on average”).

[quote]and was very surprised to find nowhere that makes a shrink wrap bag for these layers, that is something that definitely needs to be available
i would have gladly paid $20 or more for a bag that would shrink a 3 inch layer[/quote]

There are some suggestions in post #5 here that may be helpful.

Phoenix

I might suggest contacting Sleep EZ and discussing it with them. Especially if they “told you what you needed” and it’s not working. There may be something that you can work out with them so that everyone is happy.

I think the recommendation is to save the bags they shipped the latex in because you can use a shop vac to repackage them.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD73IOG0oiM[/video]