Odd sales chat with Rocky Mountain Mattress

Hi kenagross2,

Thanks for the feedback … I appreciate it.

In all fairness though … they did answer every question you asked accurately.

I don’t think you can read a “tone” such as “apathy” with written communications and they may have been trying to answer your specific questions as specifically and accurately as they can without getting into a more nuanced conversation that includes more “it depends” in each answer that may be more appropriate to a phone conversation.

I also think that when you are trying to find out which mattress would have the best chance of being a suitable choice for you that they would need much more information than what you provided and if your questions are too open ended such as “what do certain firmness levels feel like” or “which mattress would be most suitable for me” then it becomes almost impossible to answer them through written communications and a more detailed phone conversation would be much more effective (see post #2 here).

I think where your chat went astray is when you asked … “should i just call?” and they were still busy typing the answer to the question you had just asked about the firmness levels of their mattresses and a simpler and probably better answer at this point would probably have just been “yes”.

Phoenix