OMF Serenity Latex too firm

I just bought an Original Mattress Factory Serenity Latex mattress, and now I think I’ve made a mistake. My first sleep last night wasn’t awful, but it sure wasn’t great. It feels too firm…more firm than the store model. I feel some motion transfer, too. I did buy the OMF box spring that goes with it and some “give.” I was sleeping on a Simmons Medalist Scotney, and the reason I replaced it was because it bowed out on both sides. There was no warranty on the Simmons since I bought from the outlet. Any suggestions for what I can do to help this? I’m a side sleeper and sometimes back. The area I usually get pressure in from side sleeping is the hip.

Hi Gizpobow,

[quote]I just bought an Original Mattress Factory Serenity Latex mattress, and now I think I’ve made a mistake. My first sleep last night wasn’t awful, but it sure wasn’t great. It feels too firm…more firm than the store model. I feel some motion transfer, too.

Any suggestions for what I can do to help this? I’m a side sleeper and sometimes back. The area I usually get pressure in from side sleeping is the hip. [/quote]

The first thing I would do is give it a little time because all new mattresses can take a few weeks to break in and you will also need time to adjust to any new mattress that is different from what you are used to but there are some suggestions in post #2 here that may also be helpful.

The box spring will add to motion transfer (you could put your mattress on the floor to see how much difference it makes) but it will also add some additional “give” on your mattress and with a firmer non flexing support surface your mattress would most likely feel firmer as well.

Phoenix

It’s been two weeks now, and I’d say it’s definitely much better. I walked and crawled on it for a few days, and I think that helped. The bouncy motion transfer is still there, of course, but it’s not unbearable. Getting my La Noodle contour pillow and body pillow makes it seem better, too.

It’s been two weeks now, and I’d say it’s definitely much better. I walked and crawled on it for a few days, and I think that helped. The bouncy motion transfer is still there, of course, but it’s not unbearable. Getting my La Noodle contour pillow and body pillow makes it seem better, too.

Hi Gizpobow,

Thanks for the update … I appreciate it.

It’s good to hear that things have improved.

Phoenix