OMI Lago

Hi, I am new to this forum. I bought an OMI Lago in October and it just isn’t plush enough for me (I like to sleep on my side.) My question is does anyone know the best way to find a buyer for a “used” but spotless, like new, very high-end expensive organic latex mattress like mine? I have thought of Craigslist, of course, but the bed is like new. I had a wool mattress pad and ended up putting a wool topper on it so essentially the mattress has never even been “slept on” with sheets or anything directly over it.

It feels great when on my back but just isn’t plush enough for me when I am on my side. I’m so devastated because I waited nearly ten years for this purchase because I couldn’t afford it. Now I don’t sleep well and if I do, wake up with screaming shoulder pain and numb arms.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Bishton,

The OMI Lago uses very high quality materials and even though it’s not good value compared to many other mattresses that use the same or similar materials … it would be a shame to have to sell it when you are not likely to be able to get nearly what it’s worth. A mattress is like a car where as soon as you drive it off the lot it’s value decreases substantially.

You may be much better off adding a high quality latex topper to your mattress which will give you the extra pressure relief you need and would be a much less costly solution than selling the mattress.

There are some guidelines for choosing a topper in post #2 here and the other posts it links to.

A topper has an additional advantage of adding to the durability of a mattress (although your mattress is already very durable both because it is latex and is two sided as well) and if the topper softens before the rest of the mattress (the top layers of a mattress are the “weak link” of a mattress) then you can replace just the topper without having to replace the entire mattress.

Since your mattress uses such high quality materials and wouldn’t have any soft spots on the sleeping surface it would be an ideal candidate for a topper which could give you the “perfect” sleeping system you were originally hoping for at a much lower cost than selling it and starting all over again.

Phoenix