Online Bed Experts

Who owns the mattress is.com? It’s parked at godaddy.com
It may surprise us. :ohmy:

When I visited the link above (mattressis.com/blog/the-middle-man-conundrum/) I received warnings about payloads and suspicious links.

PapaMike
WHOIS LOOKUP

mattressis.com is already registered*

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: MATTRESSIS.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 146
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: https://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS75.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS76.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Status: clientDeleteProhibited https://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Status: clientRenewProhibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Status: clientTransferProhibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Status: clientUpdateProhibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Updated Date: 04-sep-2015
Creation Date: 19-jan-2015
Expiration Date: 19-jan-2016

Last update of whois database: Sun, 06 Sep 2015 14:58:24 GMT <<<

NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the
registrar’s sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is
currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the expiration
date of the domain name registrant’s agreement with the sponsoring
registrar. Users may consult the sponsoring registrar’s Whois database to
view the registrar’s reported date of expiration for this registration.

Bunny

Bunny,

I found that, but it doesn’t tell us who or what company owns the website.

PapaMike someone had to file fraulant activity.

I have to wonder if posting that mattress factory photo got them in hot water with some companies…

Maybe mattressis.com will chime in since they answered once before. It’s a bit of a shock that we were discussing them one moment and then the next day they were gone.

Just to put some of the speculation to bed … the site was put up by some people who were trying to cash in on some of the information they had access to, were using a server that they weren’t authorized to use, and were also using at least one and probably several fake (stock) pictures for the reviewers.

I guess you could call it a combination of a “fake” site and a “rogue” site.

Thankfully they were “caught out” and the site was shut down. I don’t think that you will see any more of them.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

If what you say is true, and I certainly have no reason to doubt you, then I’m glad they were mentioned in this thread and happy that they are no longer posting reviews.

I just want to add my thoughts here since our Love Bed was one of 6 beds they had reviewed on their site. We were never contacted by MattressIs for permission to use our logo and they never asked for a mattress to test. While I was initially flattered to be included in their reviews, when I saw that they never joined the affiliate program, I knew something was fishy. No one would build a site that extensive and devote so much time and effort, even coming on this forum to “defend” themselves, and not monetize their site by being an affiliate. Thank you for poking holes in their lies and deceit Phoenix. This industry can be very dirty sometimes, and the person or person(s) behind this site were dishonest and were attempting to deceive the public. Thank God for the MU!

Brooklyn Bedding still lists Mattressis as a review site.

Perhaps some business associate should tap them on the shoulder and inform them about the misleading intentions of Mattressis?

Hi PapaMike,

I agree that it doesn’t look very good to add a link to a fake and misleading site on your website (even though the website is down now). They are aware of the misleading intentions of Mattressis (they monitor this site on a fairly regular basis) and when I talked with them this morning they said that the link should be down today or tomorrow.

Phoenix