Online price comparison of innerspring mattresses & advice on Golden mattresses...

My girlfriend and I have been searching for a innerspring king mattress set for a while now. Last year we visited at least 7-8 local stores as “less-informed” consumers, trying all the big name brands. Mostly, what we found that we really liked was out of our price range. After going home to decide on which mediocre mattress we would spend $800+ we were left discouraged and disappointed.

Fast forward a year or two later and i found this website. I actually found a thread which mentioned the best local stores in my area to visit. With that list and after reading the information available here on what to look for in a mattress i feel that we’re really prepared to go out and make a purchase.

We have visited www.wccfurniture.com and really liked two Golden mattresses they had to offer. The two we liked…

Golden - Belle Nuit - Super Pillowtop $899
This one had some gel memory foam within the pillowtop and my girlfriend found this one slightly more comfortable than Energie. I have not been able to find any information about this set online at all.

Golden - Energie - Pillowtop - Cashmere $1199
This is a double-sided pillowtop which i found slightly more comfortable than the Belle Nuit and i like the fact of the double-sided pillow top. There are quite a few sites including the manufactures website that show info for this one but no details on internal construction.

I’ve actually found prices online on the Energie pillow/euro top ranging from $500-$700. One site has the eurotop for $800 shipped.

We plan on going to Irwin’s next but they’re only open during weekdays which is difficult for us as we work 5-days/wk. Onlindes is on our list as well to try out Restonic.

Hi elwood,

I’m glad you found us … and thanks for the feedback about your mattress shopping experiences so far :slight_smile:

Just make sure that in addition to testing a mattress to make sure it’s a good match in terms of PPP that you also find out the specifics of all the layers and components inside the mattress so you can identify any weak links and make more meaningful comparisons with other mattresses (see post #4 here).

If a mattress is suitable for you in terms of PPP, if it doesn’t use to much low quality materials or have any obvious weak links, and it’s inside your budget and fits the criteria of your personal value equation that are most important to you, then it would be well worth including as one of your finalists.

Phoenix