Online retailers

Hello,

We recently purchased a Casper but after sleeping on it for approximately 6 weeks we plan to return it. The bed feels very comfortable but my wife and I are both finding ourself sore when waking in the morning. We had the same problem with a Tempurpedic Rhapsody which we also ended up returning.

I’m not really sure where to go from here - and while the mattress shopping tutorial seems like it has great information, I am finding it a bit overwhelming (I wish there was a list of high quality brands to help focus the search).

I’ve enjoyed the online purchasing experience with Casper. Are there any other quality online retailers that I should investigate? I was intrigued with Saatva, but after reading these forums I am a bit hesitant.

Thanks!

Hi cbmd81,

If you are finding it overwhelming the you may be “studying it” or trying to “memorize it” like you would a textbook instead of just reading it like you would a good book. Don’t worry if you don’t remember everything because you really only need to know enough to recognize when you are dealing with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer. The goal is to find the retailers or manufacturers that already know what you would otherwise need to learn.

The brand name of a mattress means very little because most manufacturers make a wide range of mattresses and some of them would be suitable for you and some wouldn’t in terms of PPP and some of them will use higher quality materials and some of them will use lower quality materials.

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here but outside of PPP … a mattress is only as good as it’s construction and the type and quality/durability of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label. Brand shopping is never a good idea (see post #5 here and post #12 here).

The mattress shopping tutorial includes several links to lists of some of the better online options I’m aware of (in the optional online step).

There may also be some good options available to you locally and if you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of that are reasonably close to you.

Phoenix

Thank you! I would love additional info about local retailers. My zip is 53211.

Hi cbmd81,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Milwaukee area (subject to the guidelines in post #13 here) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix