Open to any opinion -Why is this mattress buying so Hard?

This is sleeptek euro 4 available in 4 weeks apron.

2" Natural latex topper in Soft
4" Natural latex core
Choice of Soft, Medium or Firm for each half of the mattress (queen and king only)
Choice of Soft, Medium or Firm for entire mattress
4" Natural latex base layer
Choice of Medium or Firm for each half of the mattress (queen and king only)
Choice of Medium or Firm for entire mattress
All rubber layers are 100% natural rubber tree latex
All rubber layers are Eco-Institute certified for purity (no styrene-butadiene)
Cover is 100% certified organic cotton
Naturally flame retardant wool
Extremely durable, flexible and resilient
Naturally antibacterial, hypoallergenic, mould and dust mite free
Fully zippered for easy transport, assembly, and customization
Available as a mattress only, with the matching Euro foundation or a simple organic canvas wrapped foundation
Made in Canada
my choice would be medium support and medium soft or soft top.
Your sleep system is covered by Sleeptek’s 10 warranty. The Euro line features an additional 10 years of pro-rated coverage for 20 years total. The Mattress & Sleep Company will act on your behalf in the event of any potential warranty claim.
Should you discover another retailer anywhere in Canada or the United States offering this model for less, simply let us know. We’ll match the price either before your purchase or up to 120 days after your purchase.

this is the sleeptek cost 3800.

sorry to bother but may i have your opinions on these as must decide today ,If I choose sleeptek it is 4-5 weeks and I can have green sleep next friday which meets my needs for surgery.

I need to order today.
my other option is wait for sleeptek and have dorimer,make a mattress in between at cost of 18.000 or 2,000

I was able to try the green sleep and it seemed better alignment than my tempur.but there are no guarantees.was also offered a berkely spring mattress only for 1,500. as an interim solution which was not model suggested by berkley for me ,but I di try it ,very little if no pressure relief.so I ruled it out.

It reads free delivery in Canada but I am being charged for this ?This is the one suspicious thing I find.However i have four other hidden costs with this company in the past.
please advise.

more on foundations and delivery for greens sleep.
also I intend to use adjustable and unsure if this voids warranty.

Normally the foundation or box spring component of your mattress set is an afterthought and not an important factor in the decision process. However, Green Sleep foundations are different. The S-200 and S-300 are ergonomic suspension systems, offering strategic benefits which a standard rigid slat system or box spring simply cannot offer:

Enhanced ergonomics
Superior pressure relief
Longer mattress life
Think of a suspension foundation kind of like the suspension on a vehicle. With a normal rigid foundation, energy is transferred from the sleeper, through the mattress, and then when this energy hits the rigid foundation, the force is simply being sent back up to the sleeper. This means increased pressure, tossing and turning.

By acting as a shock absorber, the Green Sleep ergonomic bases are able to absorb and dissipate this energy into the base of the bed. Also, ergonomics are greatly enhanced as the flexible foundation is now helping to cradle the sleeper, further improving the capabilities of any mattress placed on top of these wonderful bases. In fact, The Mattress & Sleep Company often pairs a Green Sleep S-200 or S-300 with mattresses from other brands simply for the benefits offered by these special foundations.

S-200	S-300

Primary Construction Untreated pure seasoned kiln-dried Poplar Untreated pure seasoned kiln-dried Poplar
Finishing No synthetic glues, dyes or finishing sprays No synthetic glues, dyes or finishing sprays
Fabric Upholstered in 100% Organic Cotton Velour Upholstered in 100% Organic Cotton Velour
or optionally:
Natural Flax Linen
Natural Chocolate Linen
Suspension System Wood slats & dowels on natural rubber tree latex Dowels on interchangeable polymer anchors
Suspension Characteristics Enhanced ergonomics, softer feel Excellent ergonomics, firmer response
Wooden Legs Unfinished wooden legs are included
(2 Âź" diameter | 10" height) Unfinished wooden legs are included
(2 Âź" diameter | 10" height)
Wooden Leg Height 10" | 25.4 cm
(Height increase is 8 ½") 10" | 25.4 cm
(Height increase is 8")
Foundation Height 6 ½" | 17 cm 6 ½" | 17 cm
Foundation w/ Legs Installed 15" | 38 cm 14 ½" | 37 cm
Other Notes Compatible with standard bedframes & headboards Compatible with standard bedframes & headboards
Compatible Models Any Mattress Any Mattress

Availability & Delivery Estimates

Please allow 3-5 weeks for delivery. Delivery times vary based on production capacity, availability of raw materials and shipping distance from Nicolet, QC.

Delivery Costs & Shipping Information

This item automatically qualifies for free delivery nearly anywhere in Canada or to the Continental US. Deliveries in Calgary, Edmonton & most larger centres in Alberta include full placement and in-home setup at no additional charge. Deliveries to other locations are to your front door or a freight depot if you are remotely located.

Phoenix please advise asap as I am about to make this purchase,I was told if the green sleep doesn’t work I can then order the sleeptek.and use the green sleep as an interim for 4-6 weeks.
thanks so much

this is available in a warehouse in edmonton,the green sleep, so only a week wait time.

sorry for the many posts but want to be clear on this purchase and offer as much info as possible,I am confused by delivery as website says one thing was charged for another.
We include free delivery to most locations across Canada. Deluxe in-home setup is included in areas where we have stores.

this is for adjustable I was charged 150? for adjustable delivery I am confused by this ,what do you think.?

Hi Kayla,

[quote]here are the specifics of one of my finalists available in one week.
please advise as soon as possible[/quote]

As you know from my previous replies … I don’t make recommendations for specific manufacturers/retailers or mattresses or about “what” to choose because there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for me to know which manufacturer or mattress is the best match for someone else in terms of PPP or in terms of “value” because each person’s needs and preferences and the parts of their personal value equation that are most important to them can be very different so I can only help with “how” to choose.

When you are down to a list of finalists that are all choices between “good and good” and there are no clear winners between them then you are in the fortunate position that any of them would likely be a suitable choice and post #2 here can help you make a final choice based on your local testing, your conversations with each of them, your confidence about the suitability of each one, the prices, the options you have after a purchase, and on “informed best judgement” based on all the other objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

All of your finalists use high quality materials and there are no weak links in any of them.

[quote]more on foundations and delivery for greens sleep.
also I intend to use adjustable and unsure if this voids warranty.[/quote]

The Green Sleep mattress can be used on a firm non flexing support system (which would include an adjustable bed) but I would make sure that you have tested it with a non flexing support system underneath it that would be similar to your adjustable bed to make sure that the combination is a good match for you in terms of PPP because a foundation that flexes under a mattress can affect how it feels and performs.

The Green Sleep Warranty also specifies that their warranty is reduced by 50% if the mattress is used on an adjustable bed so you may want to take this into consideration as well if that’s important to you (or check to make sure that this would apply in Canada as well).

That’s a good option to have available.

[quote]I am confused by delivery as website says one thing was charged for another.
We include free delivery to most locations across Canada. Deluxe in-home setup is included in areas where we have stores.

this is for adjustable I was charged 150? for adjustable delivery I am confused by this ,what do you think.? [/quote]

They would be your best source of information or clarification about these types of questions so you would need to ask them about the specifics of your delivery costs or what you were charged.

Phoenix

thank you so much for the information! and your quick response.Much appreciated

as for testing on an adjustable it is not possible,but they have said it preforms a little firmer.about 10%
there are no returns total cost about 4,100,with delivery .
exchange layers are 500.00

also shown that sleeptek and green sleep both fabrics “bunch” when adjustable is head raised in high position.

absolutely no returns ,no exchanges.
was told it would be very uncomfortable like a big coat that bunches together.
Greensleep would preform worse as it is double wrapped.

I tried the green sleep in store for 5 minutes as they are busy people and have no more time to accommodate me.so as for PPP its a wildcard ,I have run out of options there and am going to just say its better than my tempur,for alignment.
I am out of time,as it is ,wont get this mattress for at least 10 days.

what do you htinkof the “bunching” problem ?

I think you misunderstand on ordering sleeptek it would be an additional 3,800 for the ordering of sleeptek if green sleep didn’t work so totalling over 8,000 dollars
any ideas on that?

if i could go with any other company ,I would but there is no other dealer in my area for green sleep or sleeptek
just a thought to add.
I dont like people advertising one thing and then precluding it with another.
thanks

Hi Kayla,

What you think about how it would affect you is more important than what I think because you are the one that would feel the effects of any “bunching” in the cover. This wouldn’t be uncommon with thicker quilted covers.

Again … this is part of your personal value equation that you would need to take into account. In effect it sounds like you would be buying a new mattress and only you can decide whether this would be “worth it” to you.

Testing it on any firm non flexing support system would be closely comparable to using it on an adjustable bed. If you can’t test it in person this way then you would have to “imagine” what 10% firmer would feel like to you and take any additional risk in terms of PPP into account as part of your personal value equation.

As I’ve mentioned many times … you have many options available to you and you certainly aren’t limited to GreenSleep or Sleeptek. If you believe that they are advertising one thing and doing something else then it would make sense to me to ask them to clarify their policies and the reason for any discrepancies that may have been part of your purchase.

Phoenix

NO I don’t believe they are doing that at all.I was explained why this delivery option was different in between posts …gathering information is sometimes difficult.
these people are at least transparent.
I have ruled out as posted in previous posts my other alternatives.
as is
1- poly foam is uncertain also a risk in that I was told right up front foam I would not know what i was getting as not using enrgia anymore,they are still an option if I can get a higher density polyfoam
2-essentia problematic
3-OMI -sank thru to firmer layer in lago need pressure so firmer models not working for pressure points and terra way too expensive and cancels out the adjustable was told terra not usable on adjustable.
those were my finalists ,and i checked out two others on your list but one not quality for price,second not able to create mattress for me.

so that is my final thing either green sleep or sleeptek ,order green sleep,if not working switch layers.if not working then try sleeptek.
okay so if you have anything to add my search is here.

does this make sense to you?
I do have a question on body pillows and not sure if you can answer,my physic says body pillow good for knee surgery and everyone should sleep w one anyway.
I fond a memory foam one close by,only going with that because knee will hurt and wondering if cheap option may work too?
thank you so much

sorry essentia ruled out.,my mistake.
You have spent a great deal of time on this ,you a re pretty amazing …

Hi kayla,

I can’t tell you what to choose and I don’t think there is much if anything I can add to my previous replies about “how” to choose.

[quote]I do have a question on body pillows and not sure if you can answer,my physic says body pillow good for knee surgery and everyone should sleep w one anyway.
I fond a memory foam one close by,only going with that because knee will hurt and wondering if cheap option may work too?
thank you so much [/quote]

A body pillow can certainly help some people with “comfort” or alignment issues particularly if they are more forward leaning side sleepers. They can help prevent twisting or rotational alignment issues and help provide support for the upper leg. A pillow between the knees can also help side sleepers. I would personally tend to choose a more resilient foam than memory foam for a body pillow but of course this is a personal preference and only you can decide which type of material you tend to prefer.

Phoenix

ty and your opinion on royalpedic mattresses? god awful expensive like OMI (Organicpedic)
my guess is they are no better than green sleep?
but must ask.
ty

Hi kayla,

Outside of PPP … any mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it but in general terms they all use very high quality materials and construction methods and there are no weak links in any of their mattresses but they are also in significantly higher budget ranges than many other mattresses that use similar type and quality of materials. A forum search on Royal-Pedic (you can just click the link) will bring up more comments and feedback about them.

Phoenix

Thank you once again…I am grateful for your expertise.We are all lucky to have you Phoenix.
K

I chose the green sleep vichece,in soft ,soft then firm configuration ,I guess its in my description above.
4,400.00 delivered a week after surgery(maybe)
I laid on it in the store for 5 minutes,the owner had to go.
in all honesty I chose it because i am desperate and in pain,mostly neck pain and shoulder,in the tempur.
I was more aligned than in the tempur and quite frankly,I ran out of time to look any further.

I really like the essentia for pain relief and it is medium firm which is really my need.But for 550.00 I can switch out one of the layers for medium if this doesn’t work in the green sleep.
the owner and I went with the understanding that if it doesn’t work it will be another 3800 for the sleeptek.and the green sleep would be thrown away.
i happened to call royalpedic after the phone purchase,so if this doesn’t workI might purchase it.
I am tempted to get an essentia too and have them both but that seems like a poor decision.I have no room for two beds.

the only reason i did not get essentia is because of all the negativity i heard about it.but oddly enough could not find one thing online negative about essentia.I had more time on the essentia ,about half an hour on my back.and it was nice.no pain when I got up.But from all the negativity I chose the unknown green sleep instead.I odnt care if essentia is made from cardboard that doesn’t matter to me,comfort does.

I still have a chance at the essentia by tomorrow morning,but that would be a total of 7,000 dollars for two mattresses.I wish someone in the forum who owns one would have posted something on essentia so I could have a clue of what its like.
so the end ,for me,its try and then if doesn’t work try again…an expensive process.
the fact is I am in such trouble wight he tempur ,i was just finished and walking to these stores was too much as my knee is killing me…

and thats how it all ended up.I wont be able to walk after tuesday for a long while.so Im stuck with it.I know it is probably the wrong configuration as I need medium ,but the things I took into consideration were,its changeable,it works on adjustable sort of,and it was AVAILABLE within a week.I also like the soft cover too.but thats it i have no idea if it will work or not…after all the reading on this wonderful site,I bought something out of desperation.

maybe it will work who knows?This was the one the owner wouldn’t sell me because felt it was wrong for me,I didn’t have to talk anyone into it.I guess its any decision is better than none.
Anything has got to be better than femur pedic.

If anyone has any info on green sleep maybe they can post it,.

so that’s my story.

does anyone have any experience with green sleep ?
please post
or essentia?
thanks

Hi kayla,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding

If the Vicence is the best match for you out of the finalists you were considering in terms of PPP and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you then you made the best possible choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :).

I would keep in mind that other people’s experiences on a mattress will have very little to do with yours because a mattress that is “perfect” for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else with a different body type, sleeping position, or preferences and sensitivities (see post #13 here). Of course if any other forum members see your post and own one of them then hopefully they will share their comments as well about their own experiences … even if they may be very different from your own.

A forum search on Vicence (you can just click the link) will bring up some comments and feedback about it and a forum search on Green Sleep will bring up more comments about them as well but the search on “Green Sleep” will also include many posts that mention “green” and “sleep” but not the two words together so you will need to do a browser page search for either “Greensleep” or “Green Sleep” on each of the pages of search results to find the posts that mention them.

A forum search on Essentia will also bring up more comments and feedback about them as well but once again the search results will bring up many results that include words like “essential” that include “essentia” inside another word so you will have to to a browser page search on "essentia " (with a space after it) on each of the pages of search results to find the posts that mention only Essentia.

Phoenix