Open to any opinion -Why is this mattress buying so Hard?

as for testing on an adjustable it is not possible,but they have said it preforms a little firmer.about 10%
there are no returns total cost about 4,100,with delivery .
exchange layers are 500.00

also shown that sleeptek and green sleep both fabrics ā€œbunchā€ when adjustable is head raised in high position.

absolutely no returns ,no exchanges.
was told it would be very uncomfortable like a big coat that bunches together.
Greensleep would preform worse as it is double wrapped.

I tried the green sleep in store for 5 minutes as they are busy people and have no more time to accommodate me.so as for PPP its a wildcard ,I have run out of options there and am going to just say its better than my tempur,for alignment.
I am out of time,as it is ,wont get this mattress for at least 10 days.

what do you htinkof the ā€œbunchingā€ problem ?

I think you misunderstand on ordering sleeptek it would be an additional 3,800 for the ordering of sleeptek if green sleep didnā€™t work so totalling over 8,000 dollars
any ideas on that?

if i could go with any other company ,I would but there is no other dealer in my area for green sleep or sleeptek
just a thought to add.
I dont like people advertising one thing and then precluding it with another.
thanks

Hi Kayla,

What you think about how it would affect you is more important than what I think because you are the one that would feel the effects of any ā€œbunchingā€ in the cover. This wouldnā€™t be uncommon with thicker quilted covers.

Again ā€¦ this is part of your personal value equation that you would need to take into account. In effect it sounds like you would be buying a new mattress and only you can decide whether this would be ā€œworth itā€ to you.

Testing it on any firm non flexing support system would be closely comparable to using it on an adjustable bed. If you canā€™t test it in person this way then you would have to ā€œimagineā€ what 10% firmer would feel like to you and take any additional risk in terms of PPP into account as part of your personal value equation.

As Iā€™ve mentioned many times ā€¦ you have many options available to you and you certainly arenā€™t limited to GreenSleep or Sleeptek. If you believe that they are advertising one thing and doing something else then it would make sense to me to ask them to clarify their policies and the reason for any discrepancies that may have been part of your purchase.

Phoenix

NO I donā€™t believe they are doing that at all.I was explained why this delivery option was different in between posts ā€¦gathering information is sometimes difficult.
these people are at least transparent.
I have ruled out as posted in previous posts my other alternatives.
as is
1- poly foam is uncertain also a risk in that I was told right up front foam I would not know what i was getting as not using enrgia anymore,they are still an option if I can get a higher density polyfoam
2-essentia problematic
3-OMI -sank thru to firmer layer in lago need pressure so firmer models not working for pressure points and terra way too expensive and cancels out the adjustable was told terra not usable on adjustable.
those were my finalists ,and i checked out two others on your list but one not quality for price,second not able to create mattress for me.

so that is my final thing either green sleep or sleeptek ,order green sleep,if not working switch layers.if not working then try sleeptek.
okay so if you have anything to add my search is here.

does this make sense to you?
I do have a question on body pillows and not sure if you can answer,my physic says body pillow good for knee surgery and everyone should sleep w one anyway.
I fond a memory foam one close by,only going with that because knee will hurt and wondering if cheap option may work too?
thank you so much

sorry essentia ruled out.,my mistake.
You have spent a great deal of time on this ,you a re pretty amazing ā€¦

Hi kayla,

I canā€™t tell you what to choose and I donā€™t think there is much if anything I can add to my previous replies about ā€œhowā€ to choose.

[quote]I do have a question on body pillows and not sure if you can answer,my physic says body pillow good for knee surgery and everyone should sleep w one anyway.
I fond a memory foam one close by,only going with that because knee will hurt and wondering if cheap option may work too?
thank you so much [/quote]

A body pillow can certainly help some people with ā€œcomfortā€ or alignment issues particularly if they are more forward leaning side sleepers. They can help prevent twisting or rotational alignment issues and help provide support for the upper leg. A pillow between the knees can also help side sleepers. I would personally tend to choose a more resilient foam than memory foam for a body pillow but of course this is a personal preference and only you can decide which type of material you tend to prefer.

Phoenix

ty and your opinion on royalpedic mattresses? god awful expensive like OMI (Organicpedic)
my guess is they are no better than green sleep?
but must ask.
ty

Hi kayla,

Outside of PPP ā€¦ any mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it but in general terms they all use very high quality materials and construction methods and there are no weak links in any of their mattresses but they are also in significantly higher budget ranges than many other mattresses that use similar type and quality of materials. A forum search on Royal-Pedic (you can just click the link) will bring up more comments and feedback about them.

Phoenix

Thank you once againā€¦I am grateful for your expertise.We are all lucky to have you Phoenix.
K

I chose the green sleep vichece,in soft ,soft then firm configuration ,I guess its in my description above.
4,400.00 delivered a week after surgery(maybe)
I laid on it in the store for 5 minutes,the owner had to go.
in all honesty I chose it because i am desperate and in pain,mostly neck pain and shoulder,in the tempur.
I was more aligned than in the tempur and quite frankly,I ran out of time to look any further.

I really like the essentia for pain relief and it is medium firm which is really my need.But for 550.00 I can switch out one of the layers for medium if this doesnā€™t work in the green sleep.
the owner and I went with the understanding that if it doesnā€™t work it will be another 3800 for the sleeptek.and the green sleep would be thrown away.
i happened to call royalpedic after the phone purchase,so if this doesnā€™t workI might purchase it.
I am tempted to get an essentia too and have them both but that seems like a poor decision.I have no room for two beds.

the only reason i did not get essentia is because of all the negativity i heard about it.but oddly enough could not find one thing online negative about essentia.I had more time on the essentia ,about half an hour on my back.and it was nice.no pain when I got up.But from all the negativity I chose the unknown green sleep instead.I odnt care if essentia is made from cardboard that doesnā€™t matter to me,comfort does.

I still have a chance at the essentia by tomorrow morning,but that would be a total of 7,000 dollars for two mattresses.I wish someone in the forum who owns one would have posted something on essentia so I could have a clue of what its like.
so the end ,for me,its try and then if doesnā€™t work try againā€¦an expensive process.
the fact is I am in such trouble wight he tempur ,i was just finished and walking to these stores was too much as my knee is killing meā€¦

and thats how it all ended up.I wont be able to walk after tuesday for a long while.so Im stuck with it.I know it is probably the wrong configuration as I need medium ,but the things I took into consideration were,its changeable,it works on adjustable sort of,and it was AVAILABLE within a week.I also like the soft cover too.but thats it i have no idea if it will work or notā€¦after all the reading on this wonderful site,I bought something out of desperation.

maybe it will work who knows?This was the one the owner wouldnā€™t sell me because felt it was wrong for me,I didnā€™t have to talk anyone into it.I guess its any decision is better than none.
Anything has got to be better than femur pedic.

If anyone has any info on green sleep maybe they can post it,.

so thatā€™s my story.

does anyone have any experience with green sleep ?
please post
or essentia?
thanks

Hi kayla,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding

If the Vicence is the best match for you out of the finalists you were considering in terms of PPP and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you then you made the best possible choice ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :).

I would keep in mind that other peopleā€™s experiences on a mattress will have very little to do with yours because a mattress that is ā€œperfectā€ for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else with a different body type, sleeping position, or preferences and sensitivities (see post #13 here). Of course if any other forum members see your post and own one of them then hopefully they will share their comments as well about their own experiences ā€¦ even if they may be very different from your own.

A forum search on Vicence (you can just click the link) will bring up some comments and feedback about it and a forum search on Green Sleep will bring up more comments about them as well but the search on ā€œGreen Sleepā€ will also include many posts that mention ā€œgreenā€ and ā€œsleepā€ but not the two words together so you will need to do a browser page search for either ā€œGreensleepā€ or ā€œGreen Sleepā€ on each of the pages of search results to find the posts that mention them.

A forum search on Essentia will also bring up more comments and feedback about them as well but once again the search results will bring up many results that include words like ā€œessentialā€ that include ā€œessentiaā€ inside another word so you will have to to a browser page search on "essentia " (with a space after it) on each of the pages of search results to find the posts that mention only Essentia.

Phoenix

I wouldnā€™t congratulate yet ,I havenā€™t got the mattress and I certainly wont be using the box spring on it as i didnā€™t buy it ,I have an adjustable.
I doubt that it will work at all ,as I have soft soft and firm bottomā€¦I need medium but green sleep is harder thna most and on a flat surface it may be like a rock.who knows? the owner said its trial and error, and i donā€™t like trying all the time ,I just want a darn mattress.
you can be sure if it deosnt wrk I will be throwing it away and throwing away 4,000 dollars is stupid,
the post on greesleep was useless.
and this whole experience has been stressful and because i spent 5 min on the bed i cannot determine PPP in 5 mins ,I dont have high hopes for this mattress because green sleep is meant to work with the special box spring.
and i dont have that.So how am I supposed to know anything until it gets here All I know is it might be better than the tempurpedic but that wouldnā€™t be hard to do.I have told you over and over that there is not a selection of mattresses to try here,there are no return policies and warranties you can throw in the garbage,clearly you live int he US and Dpont get this so there is no point trying to tell you anymore.

actually I am pretty disgusted with the entire process.Just disgusted .you ve been great but the process of PPP is nothing but a guess.so i guesses at 4,000 dollars .there are no congratulations on that.
i liked essentia and there is nothing in this forum on essentia.maybe thats a piece of crap too.who knows I dont care Iā€™m done with this.

Hi Kayla,

I think you are setting yourself up for failure and perhaps forgetting that in the end only you are responsible for the choices you make and/or how closely you follow the guidance of anyone you believe can help you whether thatā€™s me, your sister, your psychic, or anyone else.

As Iā€™ve mentioned on many occasions in this topic you are certainly following a different method of choosing a mattress than I would and I certainly donā€™t agree with your assessment of the options that you have available to you but in the end only you can decide on the choices you feel best about (or choose to make regardless of how you feel about them).

If you take the time to follow the instructions I provided in my last reply you will find many references to both of them throughout the forum.

Having said all of that ā€¦ you have already made your choice and you will only know how suitable your choice is when you have the chance to sleep on it so if itā€™s the ā€œbest choiceā€ that you are able to make then there isnā€™t much point to speculating about it until you actually sleep on it.

Phoenix

Yes no point speculating -done now.I hope it works out.

I really think you have much more selection as i have lived in the US as well.
and there are as many people in this country as there are in the state of California.

so stores cannot carry as much to try out.Now that makes sense right?
especially in the organic latex market.

Maybe it will be just fine,I mean at least i chose one i could change layers on,so thatā€™s a plus.and Ive heard good things about it ,but if it doesnā€™t turn out well it doesnā€™t,

you have to remember my leg is injured as well so couldnā€™t travel too farā€¦
anyway Iā€™m hoping for the best.and i have no more money so its gotta do.

thanks

The most comfortable bed I ever slept on was a gel bed back in 2004. I literally feel asleep on my back and woke up on my back without turning-the sheets and blankets were undisturbed. And it normally looks like a bomb went off in my bed, sheets and blankets everywhere. But I do not know the name of the bed. I remember that is was really heavy-took 4 strong men to move it. Intellibed told me that the time of my sleepover, they made a heavier gel bed-not latex gel-gel. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

I am in need of a new mattress and I cannot afford a mistake. I see that there is no perfect bed for everyone, but I would like opinions from you all.

I am a side sleeper, except for the gel bed sleepover. I would like to sleep on my back comfortably for many reasons.

I have considered Latex bed. They seem to last, but are expensive for a good one. And seem firmer.

I tried a Tempurpedic bed on a sleepover a few times and seemed to like it. But many have problems with moving and heat retention.

I got rid of my sleep number bed. (it was select comfort when I got it), because I did not like rolling to the middle of the two chambers. I considered getting another 1 chamber bed, but their warranty is horrible.

I have been spending every spare moment looking for this elusive perfect bed. And I feel overwhelmed and exhausted.

For me this is worse than looking for a new car or house. I agree that we spend 1/3 of our lives in bed and want a better sleep. I have been feeling tired for awhile. And I wake up too sleepy, like not a good sleep.

Hi catemarie,

I replied to your post with similar questions in your other topic here.

Phoenix

hello catemarie,ty for posting on my questions.

you know if you need to move then tempur is a bit hard but seriously for pressure relief , it rules.

depending on your weight and stuff ,stay away from latex unless you really know the supplier,there are a lot of scammers out there and latex attracts them all.

you asked for opinions form all and I will jump in.
I too tried sleep number ,you can get the middle removed I hated it.

I liked a hand made spring bed i had but it was like awesome ,and hand made it was king so I gave it away.

waterbeds not so good for me.
If you want to move you can try essentia -agian a weight thing ,dont believe all the bad stuff,I found them comfortable./

why not a cotton spring bed with latex toppers ?
what is your situation?

let me know
PM is ok too

Hi kayla,

I would probably make sure your own mattress situation is resolved before providing advice to others ā€¦ especially when the advice isnā€™t particularly good (see this topic)

Phoenix