Opinion on Restava Delano and Astoria

DELANO SPECS:
2" Cool Gel 5.3 lb Foam in hand sewn into quilted cover.
3" Cool Gel 5.3 lb Foam
6" HD 2.5 lb Poly Foam
3" Extra Firm Poly Foam
ASTORIA SPECS:
2" Cool Gel 5.3 lb Foam in hand sewn into quilted cover.
4" Cool Gel 5.3 lb Foam
6" HD 2.5 lb Poly Foam
2" Extra Firm Poly Foam
Both have poly foam perimeter for edge support.

I was leaning toward the DELANO, but the Restava folks implied that many people found the unit very very firm so the Astoria came up as a plusher alternative. From my research on the site, it seems like 4" of memory gel may be an issue for support. My wife and I are both side sleepers, and I have lower back issues, hence the mattress research :slight_smile: I am looking for an opinion - experience on either mattress and a general opinion on the depth of memory foam in general.
Thanks in advance,
Sug

Hi sugbug,

Both of these mattresses use good quality materials and have no obvious weak links.

In general … when you are looking at an online purchase it’s usually best to go with the guidance of a knowledgeable and experienced manufacturer who generally know their mattresses better than anyone and are in the best position to help you choose a mattress that has the highest possible odds of being a suitable choice based on the “averages” of their customers that are similar to you in terms of body type and sleeping style (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

The Astoria also uses the Tempurpedic Rhapsody Breeze as a reference point for comfort and support so you can test the Rhapsody Breeze as a reference point.

They are also a member of this site which means that I believe they are among the manufacturers that compete well with the best in the industry and they also have a great return policy so you can use your own personal sleeping experience to make sure the mattress they suggest is a good choice in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). NOTE ADDED: Restava is no longer a member here since a redesign of their mattresses and they may no longer be fully transparent about the materials in their mattresses … see this topic.

Phoenix

Thanks for the feedback Phoenix, the site is a wondeful resource.
Sug

Hello Sugbug,

I am also looking at these two Restava models. Did you decide to purchase either? So many options to consider but the Restava beds are very attractive possibilities.

Thanks!