Opinions of Cozypure for a good nights sleep

Hi all I’ve been reading about Cozypure topper and contour pillows and wondered if anyone had any opinions?
My old mattress though lumpy was the most comfortable nights sleep I’ve had but I kept being told I should get a new one because I could feel the springs. My landlord paid 300£ for a 1000 spring medium/firm mattress and according to everything I read it has the right tension ( I can just get my hand under the small of my back) I’m only 4 sleeps in but im waking up with the worst stiff neck and aching leg muscles I now feel constantly tired and my work is really suffering.

Funny you post this now - the UPS delivery man just left my new CozyPure topper at my doorstep about 5 minutes ago. I’m too worn out from today to get it on the bed tonight, but will be doing so tomorrow and can let you report back in a couple of days as to how it feels, and a bit later as to whether it works long term for me. I have a nearly new Dunlop mattress that seems to have resulted in some pressure point pain for me at my hips, so I’m really hoping this will fix the problem.

I’ve had one of their LaNoodle Pure Performance pillows - the overstuffed one with the zipper that lets you adjust the filling - for a few weeks now and love it. It’s the first pillow I’ve been able to give up my down pillows for, and actually had so much stuffing in it that I removed some and made a smaller, softer pillow to go with the big one.

Hi Haflight,

You can see some of my thoughts about CozyPure in general in post #11 here.

If you are looking at the Lanoodles topper you can read some of my thoughts about it in post #38 here and it will be great to hear Clawdia’s thoughts about it as well when she’s had a chance to try it. I personally like it a lot but with any topper it will depend on what you are looking to accomplish with it. A forum search on Lanoodles (you can just click this) will also bring up more about the lanoodles pillows and topper as well.

Pillows are very much a personal preference issue and outside of the “need” for a pillow to keep your head and neck in alignment in all your sleeping positions a pillow choice is mostly about preferences and each person may have their own favorite. The pillow thread here has more information about pillow choices.

Post #8 here about topper choices may also be helpful as well.

Phoenix

I slept on the LaNoodle CozyPure topper for the first time last night, and my initial impression is very favorable. I now “get” why it’s been compared to a featherbed - although very different, the overall feel is somewhat similar. Since it took weeks for my latex mattress to result in excruciating hip pain that was almost immediately resolved by the use of a featherbed, I’m of course reserving judgement on the topper for a few weeks, but I’m certainly going to leave it on the bed for now and see how it goes.

I did remove the CozyPure mattress cover I’d bought and put the topper directly on the mattress, and put a stretchy jersey fitted sheet on the bed over the mattress and the topper, followed by my regular fitted sheet. Since I still slept a bit on the cold side last night, I’m swapping out my regular fitted sheet for a flannel one tonight. I’ve always slept hot (very, very hot for the past 20 years or so), so being cold in bed is quite unusual for me and may have contributed to the pain issues I was having.

Kudos to CozyPure in another regard, by the way. I’d ordered a 2nd queen size Pure Performance LaNoodle pillow and instead they sent me a Pure Performance contour pillow. I talked to Hans about the mistake yesterday about 3 pm, and within a couple of hours had received a shipping notice that they’ve now sent the correct item, and in the box I’ll find a pre-paid shipping label with which to ship the contour pillow back to them. I don’t think I’ve ever received such prompt and pleasant customer service - he was apologetic about the error, but with the volume of business they’ve done considering it’s pre-Christmas and they’ve had a great sale running, I’m sure it’s easy for a mistake like that to be made on occasion, and I’ve dealt with them enough to know I had no worries about them rectifying the situation - still, I didn’t expect a one day turn around to get the right item, but it’s now out for delivery via UPS. We’re only a few hours from their location, but still that’s a remarkably quick fix and I’m more than impressed with how quickly this small problem is being corrected.

I’ll report back about the topper after I sleep on it a bit longer, but my initial impressions are all very favorable. It’s heavier than I’d thought it would be, and my daughter and I both thought it adds a great deal of softness to the mattress, and I could tell by lying on it last night that it was helping to ease the pressure point issues I was having without a topper on the mattress.

Hi Clawdia,

I was also quite pleasantly surprised at how soft it felt given it’s relative thinness and the total amount of latex in it. I’ve also used it quite successfully as an “emergency” sleeping system on the floor in combination with a 2" topper when we had my daughter and some friends over and was told that they slept “really well” on it.

PHoenix

If you are not comfortable , buy a new one.And this time before buying do an online research .

Having a fitted flannel sheet on the bed last night helped the issue of waking up feeling chilly intermittently during the night - I slept really well last night. I wonder if I’ll need to sleep on flannel all year 'round or only in the winter - if it’s going to be all the time, I need to buy another set of flannel sheets next month when (hopefully) they’re on sale.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this topper is going to be the answer to my problems.
If it hadn’t taken so long for the problems to surface after buying the mattress, I’d be sure this was going to be the answer, but in view of what happened in the past it’ll be February before I’m really sure - but at least I’m hopeful about it now, which is certainly progress in my mind.

Hi Clawdia,

It sounds promising so far and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi guys thanks for the input unfortunately I can’t get delivery to the uk so am looking elsewhere. Am thinking of going for a Dunlop topper but any rec on thickness 2/3" and ILD softer or med some rec around 19 while others rec 28 I’m a side sleeper any thoughts
Cheers
John

Hi Halflight,

Post #8 here has some topper guidelines that may be helpful.

Phoenix