Ordered a T&N 10 inch queen today!

Hi m12w,

[quote]I understand individuals have different sleeping preferences and that will dictate their decision to purchase a mattress. I myself listened to may of those glowing reviews, some of which were posted on this forum, which led me to choose a T&N mattress.

To an extent I feel misled. The mattress I received from T&N isn’t the quality or comfort I expected.[/quote]

There are many people that have shared their experiences with the T&N mattress on this forum (both positive and negative) along with hundreds of other mattresses as well but most importantly I hope this has been a learning experience for you so that you don’t pay the same attention to reviews with any other mattress purchase because each person can have very different needs and preferences and a mattress that is “perfect” for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on. This is why reading the tutorial is so important before making any mattress purchase and why one of the most common parts of many of my responses to hundreds and perhaps thousands of forum members over the years includes a variation of this …

… along with thousands of similar comments that basically say … “don’t pay any attention to what a mattress feels like to someone else”.

Nobody has misled you just like your post about your experience on the Tuft & Needle mattress isn’t misleading others that would be very happy and would sleep very well on the same mattress. It’s just feedback about one person’s experience on a mattress and no more and no less. Some of the comments in post #20 here would be well worth reading as well and go into more detail about some of the many issues that are connected to reviews.

I would also keep in mind that “comfort” and “quality” are two completely different issues and how well any particular person sleeps on a mattress has nothing to do with the quality or durability of the materials inside it although confusing comfort and quality/durability is a common mistake that consumers make when they are writing their reviews. The mattress you purchased contains 3" of 2.8 lb high performance polyfoam on top of a 1.8 lb polyfoam support core and both of these materials are good quality materials regardless of how well anyone may sleep on them or how they like the mattress.

Of course as I mentioned in my previous replies … any mattress company can have defects in their mattress and if the issue is connected to the compression and shipping of the mattress it won’t be “caught” until the mattress is decompressed in someone’s bedroom.

I’m still somewhat confused about why you haven’t contacted Tuft & Needle and sent them the pictures that you took (or if you have why you haven’t included any comments about their response) to see what they have to say and whether they can help you resolve any issues that you have with your mattress. It almost seems as if you are more interested in criticizing than in resolving your issues. If I had a more conspiratorial mindset I could even suggest that you are a competitor that is trying to find a way to harm another company’s reputation (just to be clear I’m not suggesting this but it makes the point that it would be no less reasonable to suggest that your review was “planted” than it would to suggest another review was “planted”).

If I was “reviewing” your review I would rate it fairly low because even though it may not be intentional on your part … it includes many misleading comments and it doesn’t include anything about trying to resolve any issues you have with your mattress and it is overly critical and “unbalanced”. How a company deals with customers that aren’t happy or that have issues that need to be resolved can say more about their customer service than anything else and so far (at least as far as you have written) you haven’t even made them aware of or given them the chance to resolve any issues that you are experiencing.

I always appreciate when people share their thoughts about any mattress purchase (positive or negative) and it’s completely normal that people that have done their research here wish to share their feedback about whether their purchase was successful but I will also often make comments about member’s reviews or feedback as well if they are misleading or inaccurate so that others don’t take their content too seriously or at least realize that what is being written applies to only one person.

This is also the reason that this site will never be a review site (there isn’t a section for reviews) because it will always be more focused on educating the members here with more “fact based” information than on encouraging them to repeat the same mistakes that consumers have been making for many years … which includes warning them that reading or “counting” reviews as a reliable source of research can be among the worst ways to choose a mattress.

Phoenix