Organic and/or Non-toxic waterproof mattress pad / topper

We just purchased an organic mattress for our 2.5 year old son and would like to top it with a waterproof pad / topper that is also non-toxic.

I actually purchased a Naturepedic Mattress Protector Pad off of Amazon but my wife would like something with more padding since the mattress is on the stiffer side:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BKBT4O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any suggestions??

Thanks, appreciate any feedback you can provide!

Hi BTFUinVA,

[quote]We just purchased an organic mattress for our 2.5 year old son and would like to top it with a waterproof pad / topper that is also non-toxic.

I actually purchased a Naturepedic Mattress Protector Pad off of Amazon but my wife would like something with more padding since the mattress is on the stiffer side:

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BKBT4O/ref...01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any suggestions??

Thanks, appreciate any feedback you can provide! [/quote]

A younger child generally needs a firmer mattress than an adult so you probably don’t really need to add any additional softness to your son’s mattress.

There is more about the pros and cons of different types of mattress protectors in post #89 here but one of the wool quilted protectors with a waterproof membrane (which may be a good idea if your son has any accidents) or a wool puddle pad with a thinner stretch cotton protector above it (the combination would be a little less “waterproof” and more costly than the wool quilted protector with a membrane) would probably be a good choice.

Phoenix