Organic Wool used with Latex Mattresses

I have been researching 100% natural latex mattresses and am looking for one with an organic wool certification. Savvy Rest has this, but I don’t like their lack of return policy. I was wondering if anyone knows of another company that uses organic wool as a fire barrier? I was set on buying a mattress from SleepEZ, but after much pushing found out that they in fact do not have a certification for their wool. Certain places on their website say they use organic wool, but their posted certification is just for the cotton in their cover and although by email they said the wool was organic, a call to them led to them saying that they don’t know if it is. Given this confusion, I’m hesitant to buy from them - though I like their low pricing. I also don’t know how critical organic wool is, but have read about some processing of wool that involves a lot of nasty chemicals as well as anti-pest treatments of wool when it’s imported and am concerned about residues. Any insights anyone has would be much appreciated.

Hi Jacsl,

You can see some comments about organic certifications including for wool in post #2 here.

Some of the highest quality and “purest” wool in the country isn’t organic. An example is the wool supplied by Thewoolgatherer carding mill (click on the tabs to read more about how they treat their sheep and produce their wool) which I believe is what SleepEZ uses.

Phoenix