Organicpedic Flora Nouveau ILD by layer??

Hi,

Does anyone have info on Organicpedic ILD ratings by layer? In particular I’d like to know the ILD of each layer of the Flora Nouveau.

Or is it the case that these companies will keep this information a closely guarded secret?

To date, this is the most comfortable mattress I’ve tried, but the price is somewhat prohibitive. I was wondering how closely I’d be able to reproduce the feel of this mattress with one of the online organic latex configurators, such as that by SleepEZ and others.

Thanks!!!

Hi LJGMDAD,

There is more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” another one in post #9 here and I would keep in mind that all the layers and components of a mattress (including the cover and quilting) can affect all the other layers and components above and below it and the feel and performance of the mattress as a whole and sometimes some seemingly small differences between two mattresses (such as surface modifications in a layer or the quilting in a cover) can make a surprisingly big difference in how two mattresses compare so there is more to “matching” two mattresses than just knowing the ILD of the layers.

OMI doesn’t provide this information as far as I know and treats it as being proprietary (which is legitimate with “comfort specs”) so it’s unlikely that you will be able to find it out unless you are dealing with a retailer that happens to know it (usually from a rep that they are on good terms with) and is willing to provide it to their customers. This may also be unlikely because “comfort specs” like ILD aren’t important to know when you are testing a mattress locally because with careful testing your body will tell you whether a mattress is a good “match” for you in terms of PPP much more than knowing the ILD numbers of the layers and they are well aware that the only reason that a customer would want to know this type of information is because they are trying to duplicate the mattress somewhere else.

ILD is also only one of several specs that makes one material feel softer or firmer than another (see post #4 here) and the ILD of different materials or different types and blends of latex also aren’t directly comparable to each other (see post #6 here) so putting too much focus on ILD alone can be more misleading than helpful.

If they are familiar with the Flora Nouveau or if you were able to provide all the specs then they would be the best source of guidance about which of the options they offer would likely be the closest even if it isn’t an exact “match”.

Some of the differences between two mattresses may also prove to be “better” for you than the mattress you are using as a reference while others may be “worse” depending on your preferences. The “bottom line” though is really whether a mattress that you are considering is “close enough” for you or even more importantly whether it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) regardless of how it compares to another mattress because this is the most important factor that determines how well you will sleep on a mattress so I would treat the Flora Noveau as a guideline not as a specific “target”.

Phoenix