Original Mattress vs Brooklyn Bedding vs others

We are looking at a latex bed. I have been around several stores looking for the latex and I finally found one to sample. It was at Original Mattress Factory. The serinety Latex Bed. The bed has 1" Talalay 19ild on top, 2" talalay 24ild, 4 1/2" 2.5LB HD poly support core, 2" talalay 24ild,1" talalay 19ild on the bottom. This allows the mattress to be flipped I was told. The mattress seems nice but not sure on the quality having a HD poly core instead of a full latex core like a Dunlop or Talalay. We like a medium mattress and this mattress feel nice but for $2000 I think we can get a better bed at that price.
I was looking at the Brooklyn Bedding Aloe Alexis or one of their other beds. I have beed reading through the forums and really appreciate all the information that is in here. I have also called and spoken with Mario @ BB and he is a great help.
I also looked at Mattress 24/7 but I am not sure on them.
I have not been able to find a company in my Cincinnati Ohio area that makes a good latex mattress any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi Gforce,

[quote]We are looking at a latex bed. I have been around several stores looking for the latex and I finally found one to sample. It was at Original Mattress Factory. The serinety Latex Bed. The bed has 1" Talalay 19ild on top, 2" talalay 24ild, 4 1/2" 2.5LB HD poly support core, 2" talalay 24ild,1" talalay 19ild on the bottom. This allows the mattress to be flipped I was told. The mattress seems nice but not sure on the quality having a HD poly core instead of a full latex core like a Dunlop or Talalay. We like a medium mattress and this mattress feel nice but for $2000 I think we can get a better bed at that price.
I was looking at the Brooklyn Bedding Aloe Alexis or one of their other beds. I have beed reading through the forums and really appreciate all the information that is in here. I have also called and spoken with Mario @ BB and he is a great help.[/quote]

This thread would be well worth reading and talks about the Brooklyn Bedding Total Latex Mattress, the Alexis, and the Serenity.

Post #2 here and the post it links to also talks more about the differences between a latex hybrid and an all latex mattress and the Aloe Alexis which is “in between” the two (it has an extra layer of latex and has more options to customize the mattress than their singly layer hybrids).

You can see some of my comments about Mattresses 24/7 in post #4 here and a forum search on mattresses 24/7 (you can just click this) will bring up more information and feedback about them as well.

You are certainly looking at some very good options :slight_smile:

Some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Cincinnati area are listed in post #212 here.

Phoenix