OSO Mattress

Phoenix,
I wanted to get your thoughts on how the OSO mattress might do for me. I’m a 305 pound slide sleeper. I have no experience with latex or memory foam, just mediocre innerspring mattress.

Do you see anything in this mattress that is a red flag for my weight and position? It’s not as thick as I would have thought I might need. Because of my weight I am running into finding options that most people have.

I welcome anyone with any experience with this mattress or anyone in my weight range to share a good mattress experience.

Hi killowatt59,

The materials in the OSO would generally be durable enough for your BMI. The support layer is a 6" 2 lb polyfoam core, with the 3" Dreamcell latex configuration embedded into it near the shoulder area (or hip/thigh area if the mattress is rotated). Above this is 1.5" of 2 lb polyfoam and this is topped with 1.5" of Talalay latex. OSO doesn’t list any weight restrictions for their mattress. OSO is a member here of the site, which means that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry . They also have a 101 night sleep trial, should your purchase not turn out as well as you had expected.

While I’ve linked to this information to you previously in my replies…Assuming that the materials in a mattress you are considering are durable enough for your body type and meet the quality/durability guidelines here relative to your weight range, the choice between different types and combinations of materials and components or different types of mattresses are more of a preference and a budget choice than a “better/worse” choice (see this article ). There is more information in post #3 here and the posts it links to that would be helpful for those that are in higher weight ranges

Phoenix

Phoenix, is the soft layer really under the hips in the “firm” configuration? It seems like this would allow your hips to sink in a lot more than the shoulders, especially for broad-shouldered folks…

Hi mitchellcole,

It depends upon your height and sleeping style, which is why I use the very general “hip/thigh” area as a guide. If you choose the “soft” configuration (DreamCells under the shoulder), it would obviously be firmer under the hips/thighs, and this would probably be preferable if you were wider in the shoulders. If someone chose the “firm” configuration, rotating the mattress to have the DreamCells under their lower body would create a firmer feel in the upper area, where people tend to be more sensitive.

For most body types, in the “firm” configuration the DreamCells will be under their thigh (or even their knee). But I have been provided commentary from some who are wider in the hips (more of a “pear shape”) and they have oriented themselves so that their hips are over part of the DreamCell area. Maybe I should clarify my early comments to say in the “firm” configuration that the DreamCells could be under the hips/thigh/knees. Thanks for bringing up the point and letting me expand upon it.

Phoenix