our mattress shopping experience and the final decision

This site has been so very informative and helpful. It steered us to some good local folks (asheville, nc area) to try some mattresses. We went to sleepworld and colton mattress. We found that we both like the feel of memory foam best and that we also both liked softer, more sinking in than we thought we would. Tempurpedic cloud luxe and similar types. We did fnd tough that our budget didnt quite meet those that we tried and liked best. This site then gave us another option to check out in Dreamfoam bedding. Their 13" gel ultimate dreams mattress seems to meet our basic desired construction, our personal preferences, and our budget. We also checked out a local place that sells Park Place mattresses and tested their Sanctuary mattress, which we did like, but the cost was still a bit more than dreamfoam and I am not sure exactly what each layer is and what densities. We feel like the Dreamfoam 13" is going to be the right choice for us. Any thoughts. Any suggestions on a foundation? Thanks again for the helpful site.

Hi noelanddusty,

As you probably know I think highly of Dreamfoam and the quality and value of their mattresses and I believe they compete well with the best in the industry. If the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe is a good match for you in terms of PPP and you aren’t in a higher than average weight range then it would certainly make a good choice IMO.

If you do decide on this as your final choice then I would also order it from the Dreamfoam site instead of Amazon so you can take advantage of the additional 10% discount (see their facebook page here) and you would also have the benefit of their 45 day comfort guarantee just in case it doesn’t turn out to be as good a “match” for you as you hoped for.

The Dreamfoam Simple Life foundation here or the Genius Hi Rise Frame here would be suitable choices and there are also more foundation options in the foundation post here.

Phoenix

Yes, we did purchase from the Dreamfoam bedding website. I had seen the 10% off deal when I was checking out their stuff and had planned on taking advantage of that if we ended up picking them. I’ll try to give an update once we have had a little time living with the new mattress.

Hi noelanddusty,

I think you made a great choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it!

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix