Pain in new latex bed

Hi silphium,

Assuming that you like the “feel” of latex … in most cases I would say yes … especially if you had a complete range of options to choose from in terms of the type of latex, the thickness of each layer, the ILD of each layer, and different cover and quilting options. Having said that … “most” cases certainly isn’t “all” cases and there will always be some people who don’t seem to do as well with an all latex mattress as they do with other types of materials or with adding other materials or components into a latex hybrid mix (which is also true of any other materials or type of mattress).

I would base any changes you make on the specifics of your sleeping experiences and your “symptoms” as much or more than on body type and weight but I would wait for at least a couple of weeks if possible before making any changes unless it’s absolutely not possible.

The most common cause of lower back issues is a mattress that is too soft where your hips/pelvis are sinking down too deeply and putting your spine out of alignment and if this is the case with you then trying M/F/M may be helpful or at least it can give you some sense of whether firmer support layers make things any better or worse which you can use as a reference point for any further changes.

This is called a dominant layering and you can read a little more about it in post #33 here and the other posts it links to.

Phoenix