pain with memory foam

Hi JLM,

The first place I would start is post #1 here which has the basic information along with the steps and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices.

I would also echo Novosbeds comments that the quality of the foam in a mattress is what determines how long it will last and in particular the quality of the materials in the upper layers which are usually the weak link of a mattress (regardless of the type of support layers that are in a mattress ). You can’t feel the quality of a foam when you lie on it but it makes a big difference in how the mattress will feel months or years down the road and lower quality/density materials can soften much more quickly.

Some of the better options I’m aware of in the Columbus area are listed in post #2 here and you have some good choices in the area.

I would keep in mind that the upper layers of a mattress are more about how well it relieves pressure and how it feels when you go to bed at night while the deeper layers are more about the primary support of a mattress and how you feel when you wake up in the morning. It’s always important to make sure that the upper layers in particular use high quality materials because they are the layers that are most subject to foam softening and breakdown and the loss of comfort and support of a mattress over time regardless of whether the support layers are an innerspring, polyfoam, or latex.

A mattress can be one of the most important purchases you can make in terms of how you feel and your overall well being and I would strongly encourage you to take a little longer than a day to give yourself enough time to do some good research and testing so you can make the best possible choice.

Phoenix