parklane mattress discounts??

Hey

I am thinking about buying a halsey from Park lane. Really like latex layers they put into the mattress. The only problem is the price. Do you guys know how to get any discounts from park lane. I would really appreciate.

I went to their store last Friday, the sale women basically told me no discounts at all. But it is almost $900 mattress. At least giving some mattress protection cover or free pillow?

have anyone get any discounts? Feel free to reply or message me.

Thanks,
Ash

Hi orchidvoyage,

All the members here provide either a 5% discount or a bonus as a small perk for the forum members here that purchase a mattress from them. In the case of Parklane it’s a bedding bundle.

Like most of the members here, their regular prices are among the best value in the country and they don’t need discounts or “sales” to have much better value at their regular everyday prices than most of their competitors do at their best sale prices and they have no need to use fake sales or negotiations because they provide their best prices every day.

Phoenix

I understand that. but every 10 yrs need to change the mattress, so why they bother to offer 25 yrs warranty for the bed??

Still it is a big investment to get most 1k mattress.

Hi orchidvoyage,

Mattress warranties cover defects in a mattress not the softening or breakdown of materials that comes from normal use and the loss of comfort or support is the main reason that a mattress would need to be replaced (and this isn’t covered by a warranty). Warranties have little to nothing to do with the useable life of a mattress and are more about marketing than anything else. When one manufacturer adds a longer warranty on their mattress then others often follow suit because they are well aware that most consumers equate the length of a warranty with the quality, value, or useable life of a mattress even though they aren’t necessarily related. You can read more about mattress warranties in post #174 here.

Phoenix

finally decided to buy the pettygrove from parklane. What do you think?

BTW should I get the cover protector from Parklane or from different places?

Thanks,
Ash

Hi orchidvoyage,

Parklane is one of the members here which means that I think very highly of them.

I would need to know the specifics of the pettigrove construction though (layer thickness and density of the polyfoam) to make any meaningful comments about a specific mattress. Do you know the specifics of it’s construction?

Post #89 here has more about mattress protectors and I would choose the one that is the type you want and that you consider has the best value.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

here we go.

Better Sleep Secrets884 Individually Wrapped Marshall Coils
1 Layer of 100% Talalay Latex
Foam Encased Edge Support
Bamboo Knit Fabric—Allergen & Bacteria Resistant
A Layer of Cotton Felt
High Density Comfort Foam
High Density Support Foam
A Total Thickness of approx. 13"

What do you think about this mattress? Something came up(box spring), I have not ordered yet. Will wait for like 2 weeks. So still have time to change my mind:)

So I saw a deal in slickdeal and a protected mattress cover is 9.99 on Ebay. link is here. I will follow up the quality after I get this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350848132786?var=620151292690&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

But anyway, should I buy pillow from Parklane or just mattress? Any other recommendations for pillow?

So I bought my platform bed from online and has slats within the bed already. Parklane sales encouraged me to get the box spring, like the short height one,4.5 inches. Any need for the box spring for my platform bed? The link that I bought my bed frame, said no box spring required.

Thanks,
Ash

Hi orchidvoyage,

Parklane makes some of the best quality and value mattresses in the country but for me to give any meaningful opinions about any specific mattress I would need …

1. The thickess of all the foam layers
  2. The type of material in each layer
  3. The density of any polyfoam or memory foam in the mattress.

The exception is if there is about an inch or so of foam in the quilting then I wouldn’t need the density because it will have little effect on the durability of the mattress.

Although most of the layers are good quality … I don’t know the thickness or density of the comfort foam and support foam layers and I don’t know the order of the layers (top to bottom).

That’s up to you and would depend on whether there was a suitable pillow there that you liked. There is more about pillows in the pillow thread here.

If the platform bed has suitable firm and even support and meets the warranty requirements for Parklane and has good center support to the floor then you wouldn’t need a separate foundation unless you need the extra height.

Phoenix

The latex is directly below the quilted fabric top, it is placed at the highest point in the comfort layers. The HD foam is 1.8lb. The comfort layer is 2".

The pocketed coil has a depth of 8" and yes, they are pre-compressed.

There is one inch of latex in the Pettygrove.

Hope this would help. Please let me know.

Thanks for all ur replies

Hi orchidvoyage,

Thanks for filling in some of the gaps but I still don’t know the complete construction. What I need is the details of every layer listed in order from top to bottom and there are still some missing links. :slight_smile:

Their website description shows (with my comments after each layer) …

884 Individually Wrapped Marshall Coils: Good quality and would be on the bottom.
1 Layer of 100% Talalay Latex: Good quality and would be under the quilted cover. Guessing 1" thick?
Foam Encased Edge Support: No mention of the density of the foam but would likely be 1.8 lbs and surrounds the innerspring on the bottom.
Bamboo Knit Fabric—Allergen & Bacteria Resistant: Top layer of the mattress
A Layer of Cotton Felt: Unknown where this layer is probably over the springs) but good quality material.
High Density Comfort Foam: Thickness of this layer is unknown (I’m guessing it’s 1" or half of the total 2" you mentioned). 1.8 lbs which is good quality.
High Density Support Foam: Thickness of this layer is unknown (I’m guessing it’s 1" or half of the total 2" you mentioned). 1.8 lbs which is good quality.

So the most likely order and thickness of the layers (and this is what I need to provide an opinion about a mattress) are …

Bamboo Knit Fabric—Allergen & Bacteria Resistant: Top component of the mattress
1 Layer of 100% Talalay Latex: Good quality and would be under the quilted cover. Guessing 1" thick?
High Density Comfort Foam: Thickness of this layer is unknown (I’m guessing it’s 1" or half of the total 2" polyfoam you mentioned). 1.8 lbs which is good quality.
High Density Support Foam: Thickness of this layer is unknown (I’m guessing it’s 1" or half of the total 2" polyfoam you mentioned). 1.8 lbs which is good quality.
A Layer of Cotton Felt: This layer is probably over the springs. Good quality material.
884 Individually Wrapped Marshall Coils: Good quality and would be on the bottom.

This would add up to roughly the 13" thickness of the mattress (1" latex, 2" polyfoam, about 1" cotton, 8" innerspring, and the quilting layer and fire barrier in the cover)

So I will assume this is correct (unless you tell me otherwise) and not surprisingly all the materials are high quality and there are no obvious “weak links” in the mattress that would reduce durability and of course like all their mattresses they are a good value choice as well.

I would say you did well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

awesome. Glad to hear. Take me a lot of time to figure it out. I was having a good feeling about halsey one. I went to the shop and figured out the shoulder part is not that comfortable. But the pettygrove is awesome. So soft. Now I am just worrying about the break period for mattress.

Sales persons always say it is different feeling for the new and old one. But we will say.

FYI, for changing mattress in 90 days in parklane, need to pay for the $150 fees and price difference between the products.

For mattress underground members, over $599, free gel pillow.
over $799, free sheet or free metal frame.

Hi orchidvoyage,

There is a “normal” break in period for a mattress where layers will settle, materials will go through some initial softening and lose any of their “false” loft and firmness, and covers will stretch a bit and lose their stiffness. Each person will also go through an adjustment period as they get used to a new sleeping surface which is different from what they are used to.

Both of these can take up to about 90 days or so (and in rare cases even longer) but for most people it’s less than 30 days.

Thanks for the feedback along the way and I’m looking forward to any updates you have the chance to share. :slight_smile:

Phoenix

This is just the information I was looking for on the Parklane Pettygrove. My wife and I fell in love with the mattress in the store but I was left wondering the layer layout and quality of foam. I think after reading this we will definitely go get this mattress. Thanks for all the information and a great resource for mattress buying. :cheer:

Hi Kstevens01,

I’m glad you found us and that the site could help you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Very excellent dialogue in this thread and super useful for making a decision about shopping at Parklane. Thanks for sharing.

-eg

That being said, I wonder how your are still liking the Pettygrove.