Parklane mattresses

Hi Phoenix,
First of all, thank you!!! You have been so helpful in educating us about mattresses. I had no idea it is so complex!
My husband is adamant about buying a mattress online without trying it, and since we live in Seattle, the closest manufacturer recommended by you is Parklane. So we drove to Vancouver this weekend to try those mattresses. We did find a mattress that we are both happy about, but the problem now is shipping. They, unfortunately, charge quite a bit to ship to Seattle ($400), so that only leaves us the option of driving down again to pick it up once it is ready (in one week). Are shipping charges usually that high, especially for less than 200 miles away?
Sleepless

Hi sleeplessinseattle,

Unfortunately when you ship a complete finished mattress that is too large to use a courier then truck freight is very costly yes and this would be in the range although a little bit higher than others may charge.

There are also some good options in the Seattle area listed in post #2 here that would have much lower delivery costs and may also be well worth considering.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix. Will check out the local manufacturers this week before committing to Parklane. It’s too bad shipping is so expensive as we really liked their products.
Sleepless

Based on what we’ve read here, we are returning our Templow memory foam mattress and heading for Parklane to tryout their product.

Thanks,
I’m giving up on memory foam altogether. Never have had any luck with it.
sailorman

Hi sailorman,

That’s unfortunate that your Tempflow memory foam mattress didn’t work out for you. Tempflow uses high quality materials and can be a good choice for those that like memory foam but some people just don’t “get along” with memory foam in any version and you appear to be one of these.

Parklane has some good non memory foam options available and I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix