Parklane vs 45th Street Bedding vs Oregon Mattress

Hello Mattress People!

Happy New Year :cheer:

We are narrowing our choices down to the above (I think!!!).
And I’m finding it tough to do an apples-to-apples comparison. Should I just go for what’s comfortable (in terms of P-P-P) and trust Parklane or Bedrooms and More to guide us? They certainly BOTH seem knowledgeable. Parklane seems to be more economical, but their mattresses are all one-sided (I think).

Any advice is appreciated~we really need a new mattress to be comfortable.

Hi buttercupbetty,

The most important part of any mattress choice is PPP. This is the part where your own personal testing and criteria will be the most important factor although they may be able to help you to some degree with the alignment part of your testing. Only you can feel what you feel on a mattress.

The next most important part is to make sure you know the specifics of all the layers and components in any mattress you are considering to make sure there are no obvious weak links in the mattress that can affect or reduce durability so you have some reasonable assurance that a mattress you are considering won’t soften or break down prematurely.

For some people that aren’t confident in their ability to test a mattress in a way that would be a good indicator of their regular sleeping experience then the options you have after a purchase to exchange or return a mattress and any costs involved would probably also play an important role in their personal value equation so you can use your first few weeks of sleeping experience to decide if the mattress is a good “match” for you.

Once you have narrowed down your choice to a “finalist” at each store and you are making comparisons between “good and good” and none of them have any weak links … then you will be in a better position to make a final choice between them. It’s important to compare specific mattresses rather than manufacturers because each manufacturer usually makes a wide variety of mattresses and some of them may be a great match for you and some of them may be completely unsuitable for you to sleep on.

Phoenix

Thank you for the clear, concise response! Very useful guidelines for us to follow~