Paso Robles CA

Hi,
My husband & I really like the Sealy Optimum Inspiration mattress, and also the adjustable base for it. I tried this out at Mattress Land sales center in San Luis Obispo. I read that you don’t recommend major brand mattresses, so I’m wondering if you recommend anything similar in the Paso Robles or San Luis Obispo CA area? Thanks a million.

Hi Spudly,

Hopefully you’ve read this already but just in case … post #1 here has the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices both in terms of what I call PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) as well as the quality/durability and value of a mattress.

The better possibilities I’m aware of in the San Luis Obispo area are listed in post #2 here.

The “feel” of a mattress is very subjective and trying to match one mattress to another (see post #2 here) can be difficult at best. Like all subjective comparisons, our perceptions and subjective memory varies with time and circumstances and it’s usually best to match each mattress to a common set of criteria rather than to another mattress. Matching the “feel” of one mattress to another really depends on your own perceptions and side by side testing (or as close in real time as possible) although matching the quality/durability of the materials in the Inspiration would be much easier because they aren’t the best quality available in their budget range.

The Inspiration contains …

2" of 3.7 lb gel memory foam
3" of 4 lb memory foam
6" multi layered polyfoam base layer which would be in the medium firmness range.

You could look for a mattress that used similar layering and similar memory foam thickness and density but different types of memory foam can feel different even if they are the same density so even though a design may be similar and the quality of materials may be the same … you would still need to rely on your own subjective impressions to try to “match” the Inspiration in terms of how it feels and it may not be your best choice anyway.

Phoenix