Perfume smell....

Bought a used (1 yr. old) Talalay 3" Topper “Pure Latex Bliss” brand, only problem after getting it home, it smells like perfume air fresher or some sort of body perfume, We had to take back off the bed and out of the room, QUESTION: Is there a way to ‘air-out’ or will this now be infused to the latex forever?, I even took off the removable cover and washed it, it still smells of perfume.
Any suggestions will be treating appreciated. :slight_smile:

Hi berri2,

There is more about the typical odor of different types of latex and a link to some suggestions that may be helful in post #2 here.

It sounds like what you are smelling is the “normal” smell of Talalay latex which will dissipate to levels that most people won’t notice over time although since your topper was used it’s also possible that it could be something that was spilled onto the topper by the original owner.

Phoenix

When we first walked into the lady’s home, it smelled of scented candles or perfumed air freshener, the Topper has the same smell, I am very sensitive to chemically based "perfumed scents, So far, I’m on a 3rd washing of the zipped cover, the first 2 washing the perfume smell was still there. :frowning: So definitely not a "Latex’ smell. I guess if I can’t rid of the perfume, I’ll have to try and sell it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi berri2,

That would be unfortunate. It may be worth sprinkling your topper with baking soda (directly on the latex or the cover depending on whether you can identify which one seems to be the reason for the smell) and letting it sit for a day and then vacuuming it off again to see if that helps.

Phoenix

Thank you, will give the baking soda a try. :slight_smile:

Try washing the cover and drying it on the line in direct sunshine.