Phoenix or? Which 3" Latex Topper Recommended for Best Comfort, Value & Durability?

Phoenix &/or?, for the money invested which 3" Latex topper would you recommend for a firm queen size adjustable bed?

1. The 3" Latex Foam by Spindle Mattress for $199 with free shipping or

2. The Ultimate Dreams 3" Talalay Latex Mattress Topper
    by Dreamfoam Bedding for $354 with free shipping

Amazon.com

1. Any other quality 3" Latex toppers you would recommend offering great value, comfort & durability?

Hi Ascendedmind,

I don’t recommend specific products and value is relative to the criteria that are most important to each person but I’m happy to help with how to choose rather than what to choose.

There is more information about the different types of latex in post #6 here so you can compare apples to apples between products. All latex is a durable material.

“Comfort” is subjective and each type of latex has it’s own “feel” and range of firmness levels and which one you prefer would depend on either your own personal testing on each type and firmness or if you haven’t had the chance to test both of them your own more detailed conversations with each manufacturer. There is more information about choosing a topper in post #8 here (which also includes a link to some of the better options for toppers I’m aware of).

Both of the manufacturers you are mentioning are members of this site and are open and transparent about the materials they use and are also very knowledgeable and helpful when you talk with them on the phone. In the absence of your own personal testing they can provide you with some good guidance about their toppers.

Your own “best judgement” and your confidence that the topper you purchase in combination with your mattress will be suitable for you based on your conversations are the best way to make a final choice about which of these is the best choice for your specific preferences and circumstances.

Phoenix

Hi Ascendedmind,

Having looked extensively at toppers myself recently, a couple of things to note: I believe the Spindle Mattress topper is 100% natural Dunlop, but it’s “zoned” for different parts of the body, and the Ultimate Dreams topper is blended Talalay, not 100% natural Talalay, and “unzoned”. You probably already realized this, but just in case! :wink:

After reviewing LOTS of toppers all over the web, including Amazon and eBay, and emailing vendors with many questions, I concluded that for me the Sleep EZ 100% natural Talalay is the way to go. It’s more expensive than many of those I checked out on Amazon and eBay, less expensive than some of the fancy “green” brands, but what decided me in the end is Sleep EZ’s reputation for integrity, their swap out policy, their warranty, and the great reviews here. I was all set a couple of times to order products from eBay, but a final email to a vendor with VERY specific questions would elicit the admission that their 100% natural product did in fact CONTAIN 100% natural latex, but the ENTIRE PRODUCT was not 100% - 100% natural latex! Lots of cleverly worded product descriptions out there! :frowning:

Still hoping for an answer about anyone with personal, direct contact with both Savvy Rest and Sleep EZ before I decide on whether to order just the topper or an entire mattress from Sleep EZ!

Hi lhm,

They have both synthetic Dunlop and 100% natural Dunlop toppers (both using the continuous pour Dunlop method). NOTE ADDED: They now only offer the 100% natural.

Phoenix

Thank you both Phoenix & IHM. I talked with Neal (a very ethical & personable guy). I was rather surprised with his honesty & knowledge. He actually discouraged me from buying any topper for my adjustable bed & mattress!

Why? firstly, I don’t suffer from any problems with my firm mattress or suffer from any pain or sleep problems.

Secondly, he says the topper would simply move with the Craftmatic or any other adjustable bed. It appears I dialed in the adjustable bed for the best sleep from simply reading the tutorial on ADJUSTABLE BED TUTORIAL

Jeff the writer of the tutorial turned me onto latex mattresses & that’s how I eventually discovered this site.

Phoenix from your experience, is there any Latex or non-latex pillows you would definitely recommend testing for a back sleeper with an adjustable bed?

I & my Siamese cat absolutely luv my adjustable bed & mattress ( he likes his head perched up). I’m just looking improve my sleeping experience, if it can be done since I have cheapo pillows.

Hi Ascendedmind,

Pillows are a very personal part of a sleeping system and while there are some basic “needs” in a pillow … most of a pillow choice is based on each person’s personal preferences.

A pillow needs to keep your head and neck in good alignment in all your sleeping positions so different sleeping positions and body types need different thicknesses or designs based on the “gaps” between the head and neck and the surface of the mattress (generally thicker for side sleepers, in between for back sleepers, and thin or no pillow at all for stomach sleepers) but the choice of material and “feel” is strictly a personal preference.

I currently sleep on a shredded latex pillow for example while my other half likes her memory foam pillow.

There is more information about pillows and links to some good resources and some of the forum threads that discuss them in the pillow thread here.

Phoenix