Phoenix, why do you recommend CertiPur?

In this article, you support the CertiPur approval of mattress emissions.

But in this article, the author does not support CertiPur because they are funded by chemical companies and seem to have standards that are too low:
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: Certified & Tested Organic Mattresses | MyEssentia.com

Please do me a favor and clarify your position on the CertiPur certification of mattresses and tell me why you think the CertiPur regulations are worth taking seriously.

Specifically, why do you think the numbers in the following chart are OK? The data in the chart shows the thresholds for chemical content in a mattress. GreenGuard seems to be more reputable.

Hi yoyo,

In that article, I recommend that any memory foam or polyurethane foam be certified for offgassing or toxicity by a reputable testing organization, such as Oeko-Tex or CertiPur.

There are different testing organizations with differing criteria for different types of foams, some of the more popular ones I describe in post #2 here, which is linked to frequently on the site and easily found. Additionally, I speak about the CertiPur process in post #12 here and how it evolved and some of the other testing organizations, such as Oeko-Tex, LGA, Eco-Institut and Greenguard.

I don’t favor one group over the other and it would be up to you to determine the level of testing, certification, and what is “safe enough” for your own personal use. Post #2 talks a bit more about this and chemicals in a mattress.

Phoenix