PLB Nature and Low Back Pain

I will definitely let everyone know how it goes. Right now I have to get a bunch of pictures and send them in with an inspection form. I’m wondering about the base core now. If just the top layers were failing, I’d expect to feel like I’m “bottoming out” which I don’t. Maybe it does have to do with the base core.

Hi lotus65,

This would depend on the specific design of the mattress. If there is a relatively thin top layer that softens on top of a firmer layer then you would likely feel more of the firmness of the base layer underneath it but with other designs that have multiple layers that are more gradually progressive such as the Nature any softening or impressions in the top layers would have a different effect because even with visible or virtual impressions there would still be enough thickness to isolate you from the firmness of the support core. It would also depend on the body type and sleeping position of the person and how deeply they sink into the mattress.

I hope you have the chance to let us know how your warranty claim progresses.

@ scubamom,

You will generally find that with latex any visible impressions will happen early in the life of a mattress (most commonly in the first year or so) and then it will typically stabilize.

Phoenix

It turns out that my PLB mattress is not sagging after all. We took the whole bed apart to get the necessary photographs to send in with out warranty claim. When we laid the mattress directly on the floor, the sag was gone. It ended up being the foundation that was sagging. I had known about the sag before, but we put a piece of 3/4" plywood on top of the foundation thinking that would solve the problem. Well, apparently the plywood just warped over time (only two or so months actually) and followed the depression on the foundation. We have now rebuilt the foundation and hopefully that is the end of that!

Hi lotus65,

A sagging foundation is a very common cause of sagging in a mattress (and as you mentioned plywood can warp easily on a sagging foundation).

Thanks for the update and I’m glad to hear that you resolved your issue :).

Phoenix

Glad you figured it out!