PLB Nature... My experience

Hi,

Its been 6 nights on the Nature and although its quite comfortable I am finding that I have lower back and hip pain.

I am a large guy 5"10 275 and I guess this mattress is just to soft and not supportive enough.

So now for the fun part of packing it up and returning it via freight from NY to FL which is about $240 and starting over… I’m a bit torn whether Latex is the way to go or whether to go with the original inner spring from Simmons that I tested in sleepys for $1700…

I originally went with latex because I thought I’d be blown away by the amazing comfort it provided but to be honest it wasn’t bad but it wasn’t WOW either…

So now the question is Sleepys or Sleepez?

Hi aron82e,

While I can understand the Nature being too soft for your weight … IMO at 275 lbs a Simmons innerspring mattress would break down in no time … and I think that any reputable dealer would probably confirm that.

Of course at Sleepy’s … most of the salespeople would sell you whatever they could so you would be locked in to an exchange where they could keep their profit and hopefully step you up to something even more costly than your original purchase.

FWIW

Phoenix

Excuse my ignorance… but what does IMO and FWIW stand for??

Hi aron82e,

It’s forum shorthand.

IMO = In my opinion.

FWIW = For what it’s worth.

Phoenix

Hi,

I am now considering a Latex hybrid and see Brooklyn Bedding mentioned throughout the forum. Are they good? as good as all latex? how do they differ…

Also are brooklyn bedding and dreamfoam bedding on amazon the same company?

Thank you.

Hi aron82e,

They are one of the members here which means I consider them to be among the best quality and value in the country.

Post #2 here talks about the differences between an all latex mattress and a latex/polyfoam hybrid.

Yes ,… they are launching their new mattresses on their own site rather than Amazon.

Phoenix