PLB Nature

Hi, My husband and I are looking at purchasing a queen latex mattress. We found a local retailer who carries PLB. They have a queen Nature model for $1799 with PLB foundation. Are you able to tell me if that is a good price? This is an older version so they said they are giving us a discount (newer version apparently has a different cover). Cost is a major factor but we want to get the best quality product. They also had a King Coil but it is not all latex. I’m a bit overwhelmed with the info on mattresses I have researched over the past couple of weeks. I believe I read mixed reviews on the PLB foundations. Any feedback on their foundations?

Are there on-line retailers who sell similar mattresses for less with some sort of guaranty? I am open to the customizable mattresses but don’t want to get stuck with something we were never able to test. We need it by Thanksgiving as we have guests coming and they will be using our older mattress. Thanks for any advise you can give me:)

Hi SusanPS,

I would check the law tag for the manufacturing date and if there is no manufacturers warranty on the mattress then you are probably looking at purchasing a used mattress from a liquidator which could be a comfort or a warranty return so I would be very cautious. There is more about buying a mattress from a liquidator here and here and here and more about some things you can check for if you are considering buying a used mattress in post #2 here as well.

I wouldn’t use them under an all latex mattress because they are not good quality and aren’t the most suitable choice for an all latex mattress. You can read more about them in post #44 here and the posts it links to.

The mattress shopping tutorial includes this link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online and many of the make latex mattresses that use different types and blends of latex with a wide range of designs, options, and exchange and return policies that are in a similar budget range (and are new with a warranty) that would be well worth considering.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area as well.

Phoenix

HI Phoenix,
Thanks so much for your quick reply! We do not want a used mattress!

Our zip code is 33710 (St. Petersburg) and the retailer is Bed Pros.

As far as the “law tag”: they don’t have the actual mattress at their store. It would come from their warehouse. What info would i need to get from the tag? Just the manufacturing date to be sure it is within a certain time frame? Thinking i could ask them to take a photo of the tag and send it to me. They have a 30 day comfort guarantee and stated that the mattress has a 20 year warranty.

Thanks again:)

Hi SusanPS,

[quote]Our zip code is 33710 (St. Petersburg) and the retailer is Bed Pros.

As far as the “law tag”: they don’t have the actual mattress at their store. It would come from their warehouse. What info would i need to get from the tag? Just the manufacturing date to be sure it is within a certain time frame? Thinking i could ask them to take a photo of the tag and send it to me. They have a 30 day comfort guarantee and stated that the mattress has a 20 year warranty.[/quote]

Bed Pros is an authorized dealer for Pure Latex Bliss so they do carry their mattresses which means it’s possible that the mattress has been in their warehouse all this time although it would be unusual to stock a mattress that was several years old. You can find out the manufacturing date from the law tag (and if it was me I would want to know when it was manufactured) but I would be cautious and ask enough questions to satisfy yourself that this mattress is new and wasn’t a floor model or a return which would invalidate the warranty (see here).

You can see the specifics of the older PLB mattresses in post #1 here and they use high quality materials and there are no weak links in the design so if you are satisfied that the mattress is new and if your testing has confirmed that it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP then it would be worth considering although I would look at their “mattress only” pricing and wouldn’t buy the foundation and I would probably look for a bigger discount so it would be less than other mattresses that are available to you that use a similar amount of blended Talalay latex in the range of 9" - 10" because if it’s an older model they would likely be happy to sell it so they can replace it with a newer model (see post #6 here about negotiating). I would use some of the latex mattresses that are listed here as reference points for “value” and as a baseline for negotiation.

Subject to the guidelines here … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Tampa/St Petersburg/Clearwater areas are listed in post #143 here.

Phoenix