please advise My fiance is 300 lbs and we are about to change beds

Hi suziQ,

You mentioned 2.2 lb polyfoam in your other post, so that’s the assumption I was using.

Yes, I am aware of that, as that is the information that you provided and that I reposted. Polyfoam support cores work well on adjustable bed bases. Polyfoam support cores are what memory foam mattresses use and “hybrid” latex mattresses often use, and these are fine for power base use.

I’m sorry for your husband’s health issues, but only you both can determine what might work best for him. Sometimes in specific situations people choose surface plushness over alignment to meet their very specific needs.

Unfortunately, with so many health issues, I don’t know how much of a difference a mattress will make, but something that uses more supportive comfort materials (like the latex) and more breathable (also like the latex) can help with the repositioning and temperature issues you mentioned. But any type of softer material will tend to insulate a person more, and can still tend to sleep warmer.

I wouldn’t be able to predict or choose what mattress might work best for your husband, especially with so many specific and individual health issues. I can only help differentiate between the products you are mentioning.

You may be referring to the information in this post.

Phoenix