Please help! Looking for a new memory foam mattress.

Hi everyone,

I have lurked this site for quite some time now since I am in the market for a memory foam mattress. I am interested in a cooling mattress. I went to a local store last Saturday and I checked out several of the Tempurpedic Mattresses. I really liked the tempur allure and the tempur cloud luxe breeze, however I am nervous the cloud luxe breeze may be too soft for me after some time. Can anyone here recommend a company to check out that has similar mattresses to Tempurpedic for better prices. Thanks a lot!

I am interested in Brooklyn Bedding. They have the comparisons to the tempurpedic up which is nice. Is this a reputable company?

Hi cdub31,

If you let me know your zip code or city I’d be happy to let you know of any of the better local options I’m aware of.

Some of the better online memory foam options I’m aware of are listed in post #12 here.

Yes. They are a member of this site which means I think highly of them and they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of quality, value, and service.

Phoenix

Thanks for the info Phoenix. My zip code is 55330. I am really liking the Purecool luxe from Brooklyn Bedding, but I will read your link and possibly check out some alternatives.

Hi cdub31,

The Purecool line would certainly make a good choice if you have tested the equivalent Tempurpedic mattress and it works well for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences).

Some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Minneapolis area are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix

I just took delivery of the second mattress from Brooklyn Bedding yesterday…so, I like them.

It may be of interest that I also did a comfort exchange on my Aloe Alexis (Latex mattress). It was seamless and they were awesome in every aspect.

Pleasant dreams,
Jeff

I placed my order for the Brooklyn Bedding Purecool Luxe, It will arrive tomorrow. I cannot wait, I am hoping it feels similar to the Tempur Cloud Breeze

Hi cdub31,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your feedback when you’ve received it and had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Me too, I want to hear your thoughts about it.
I will likely get a third mattress soon and I like to compare notes - this one is for the guest room and my parents have Tempurpedic at Home.

I received the mattress yesterday afternoon at 1. Of course I hauled it upstairs got it out of the box and cut through the plastic as quickly, but as safely as I could. There was absolutely no odor, and it was expanded to 11 inches within minutes. After 5 hours it was expanded to 12 inches, and by 9 it was at the full 13 inches.

At first, it felt pretty soft, which I expected considering the fact that it had been compressed for severely days. I first tried it out at 5:45, so about 4 and a half hours after it had been unpackaged. When I got into bed that night around 10:30 it had firmed up quite a bit which was awesome. I slept great, and woke up this morning feeling well rested and relaxed. I was told I am a tense sleeper, and I wake up feeling wound most mornings, and extremely tight throughout my body. This morning I woke up and every extremity just felt rested and totally relaxed, it actually felt pretty weird since I haven’t experienced that feeling in quite some time.

So far, this bed is awesome. I am very happy with the firmess. I just got in from work and I am on it now and it feels great. To be quite honest, I can’t tell much of a difference between my purecool luxe or the tempur cloud breeze. If anything, the tempur cloud breeze was a bit softer, but that is due to it being a model and used numerous times. My purecool luxe feels more stable, and “newer” than the cloud breeze did, if that makes sense.

On a side note, the free latex stuffed pillows I received are awesome! By far the best pillow I have ever used before. My sister tried them out and got on the site and ordered her own! The cooling cover feels cool to the touch. I was really surprised at how cool I slept. I am a hot sleeper and I will usually wake up 5 out of 7 nights sweating, so I’ll have to see how this goes over the next few days.

As of now, this is by far the best purchase I have made over the last couple of years

Hi cdub31,

Thanks for taking the time to share such a detailed review … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Phoenix