Please help me choose a Costco Memory Foam Mattress

Hi Betsy80.

The description of each of them is on their site (if you click the description tab)

A latex hybrid generally is used to refer to a latex comfort layer and a polyfoam or innerspring support core.

The Aurora has a polyfoam support core and a mix of latex and memory foam in the comfort layers. Some people really like a combination of latex and memory foam in the comfort layer.

The Seneca is also a latex hybrid and the latex comfort layer is a little thicker and softer than the Breeze.

Dreamfoam (a brand name for Brooklyn Bedding) is also a member of this site which means I believe they are also among the best quality/value in the country. They are only sold online. A forum search on Ultimate Dreams (you can just click this) will bring up many posts (a few hundred) with comments and feedback about the various mattress they carry on their Amazon site and they are now just launching a new line on their Brooklyn Bedding site as well (see post #7 here).

Every layer “counts”. Many mattresses (including memory foam mattresses such as the Tempurpedic Cloud series) use several layers of different foams to create the different types of feel and performance that “matches” different body types, sleeping styles, and preferences. Each type of foam has a different feel and the density is the weight of the foam per cubic foot and is the most important pare of foam durability.

All of the mattresses you are mentioning “pass” the criteria I use (either Certipur certified or made in the US). The goal is to ask each one for the information you need so that you can find out if they will tell you and whether they have the knowledge and experience to help you make good choices.

I suspect though that you are getting too caught up in technical issues rather than “connecting with experts” that actually make the mattresses. I wouldn’t try to “become the expert” but only learn enough so that you know when you are dealing with one … and both Parklane (where you can test the mattresses in person) and Dreamfoam (where you can’t but they will help you choose based on “averages”) are “experts”, can help you make good choices, and have great quality and value mattresses. In your circumstances I would strongly suggest local testing no matter where you decide to make a purchase in the end and talking with the people who make the mattresses.

Phoenix