Please help to choose between SleepEZ 10000 vs Brooklyn Bedding 14" Aloe Alexis. Both are great!

PLEASE BE KIND TO HELP!!!

Hello, after doing much review on this wonderful site, we are leaning toward the SleepEZ 10000 and 14" Aloe Alexa.

I would love to hear pros/cons on both, to help us with the decision process.

SleepEZ 1000 seems about $300 more retail, but it is a different mattress. These two choices seems to be the most talked about with great feedbacks.

My wife is 5.5" 138lb - side sleeper, I am 5.8" 185lb stomach sleeper.

In general, my wife prefers a firmer bed, so do I.

Thank you,
Jake

Hi yashax,

These would both make great quality/value choices and they have many similarities as well as some differences between them.

The Aloe Alexis is a latex/polyfoam hybrid and the SleepEZ 10000 is an all latex mattress (see post #2 here) but the Aloe Alexis has two layers of latex instead of one so it would be closer to the feel and performance of an “all latex mattress” than other latex/polyfoam hybrid mattresses that have thinner layers of latex on top of the polyfoam (see post #2 here).

The SleepEZ 10000 has 3 separate layers that can be re-arranged or exchanged while the Aloe Alexis has 2 so the SleepEZ 10000 has more options to customize the layering after a purchase.

SleepEZ has the option to choose between 100% natural Dunlop or Talalay in any of their layers and the Aloe Alexis uses Talalay. There is more about some of the general differences between Talalay and Dunlop in post #7 here but the choice between them would be a preference choice rather than a “better/worse” choice.

Brooklyn Bedding has more firmness choices available for their individual layers than SleepEZ.

The covers are also different and the SleepEZ uses a wool quilted cotton cover and the wool is used as the only fire barrier while the Aloe Alexis has both polyfoam and wool in the quilting. There is more about quilting layers and materials in post #12 here.

When you are down to finalists that are all choices between “good and good” and there are no clear winners between them then you are in the fortunate position that any of them would likely be a suitable choice and post #2 here can help you make a final choice based on your local testing, your conversations with each of them, your confidence about the suitability of each one, the prices, the options you have after a purchase, and on “informed best judgement” based on all the other objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix

Thank you SO VERY MUCH for your help and guidance.

It was a VERY tough decision, as both are great companies and have a great product.

At the end, I decided to go with SleepEZ10000, which ended costing me $300 more, but I just thought that overall longevity of the mattress with 100% latex would be a better choice in a long run.

I also thought that both mattresses would offer great choices as far as customization.

I also ordered S-M-F for both sides to start off with.

Again, I am 5’8" / 185 stomach/back sleeper and my wife is 5’5" / 135 side sleeper. What do you think?

Not sure if my thinking was correct or not.

Thank you again,
Jake

Hi yashaxx,

Both of the finalists you were considering were good quality/value options so I think you made a great choice.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

If that’s what SleepEZ suggested when you talked with them on the phone then it would certainly be in the range of layering that was suitable for you based on the “averages” of their customers that are similar to you.

Phoenix

Thank you for the post and info! This will be a huge help in selecting my next mattress!

Hi Sleepy4ever,

Welcome … and I’m glad the information in the forum and this topic was helpful for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

This is really good info. I was so happy to find this site and discover several great local manufacturers in the Phoenix area. I made an appointment with BB tomorrow to check out the Aloe in person and also will go visit AZ Premium Mattress Co and SleepEZ before making my final decision.

Hi Suzanne L,

You are fortunate to live in the Phoenix area because you have have some great quality/value options available in the area that you can actually test in person unlike most of the members here who would only have the chance to purchase them online.

Phoenix