PLEASE VOTE: 5 CHOICES FROM TO CHOOSE FROM

I’m 5’8" 170lbs, so im not a very big person. i sleep on my back and sides. I get hot pretty easily. I’m sure I can keep looking forever for a mattress. At this point, im willing to take the risk and just buying something online and hoping that it is what Im looking for. I like knowing the added value of weight and density of the memory foam, so that is what I’ve been looking for.

1. Ultimate Dreams Queen 11 Inch Plush Gel Memory Foam Mattress.
    Amazon.com
    -only 2.5" of 3 LB Gel Memory Foam
    -has option to select plush or firm

2. DreamFoam Mattress Ultimate Dreams 10-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress,
    Amazon.com
    -Two Layer construction: 3" of 4lb gel memory foam, 7" core of premium base foam

3. Select Luxury Swirl Gel Memory Foam 10-inch Queen-size Medium Firm Mattress
    Bed Bath & Beyond | The Best Deals Online: Furniture, Bedding, Rugs, Kitchen Essentials & Moree

-this one is nice, but it only has a 1" top gel layer. This means it will be very firm right?
-Composition: 1-inch 3.8 pound Cool green swirl gel memory foam, 1.75-inch layer of transition foam, 7-inch supportive foam base

Hi ttran,

I would have a hard time imagining a worse way to choose a mattress than going by other people’s “votes” or based on the reviews and experiences of other people whose needs and preferences or experiences may be very different from your own (see post #13 here). This would be a lot like choosing the food you ate or the clothes or shoes you buy based on other people’s “votes” that may have little knowledge about you or your circumstances, the options you are considering, and may have very different tastes, sizes, or preferences than your own

Even if some of the members here have purchased one of the mattresses you are considering … they would probably have little knowledge or experience with any of the others and a mattress that is “perfect” for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on because of differences in body types, sleeping positions, sensitivity, physiology, or preferences.

If you follow the steps in the tutorial post one by one along with the suggestions in my reply here in your other topic you will have a much higher chance of success than asking others to “vote” on your choices.

Phoenix