Plushbeds

Right, instead they tend towards misleading the consumer about safety certifications and not participating in any venue which would eat in to their profit margin even slightly. Fine. They are not outright lying, and it’s their right to abstain from participating here.

But if Phoenix is not impartial, then I simply don’t know what the word means. He never recommends a particular manufacturer. He never bad mouths a particular manufacturer. He stays incredibly objective to the point where at first, I wished he’d be more forthcoming with actual opinions rather than “merely” facts!!! That sounds backwards, doesn’t it!!!?? But he does not do it, and clearly otherwise there would be an obvious conflict of interest surfacing. There isn’t.

Oh and BTW, “financial gain” might be technically true, but a valuable service is being provided. Putting a modest price tag on a valuable service seems quite reasonable to me, and I much prefer the mattress companies themselves subsidizing it, rather than forum membership fees - which would be another way to do it… And besides, let’s be honest here… a handful of $200 membership fees and less than $50 per sale kickback (based on the honor system only apparently) is hardly paying the bills. Phoenix’s time alone is worth more than that.

So while PlushBeds - all in my opinion - offers a worthy product, it is also overpriced compared to similar alternatives, and they have a very effective, and in some cases misleading, website which probably draws in a lot of business. They also advertise heavily and are often the first listed in Google search results for “latex mattress”, and that probably also has something to do with their higher pricing as well.

Probably true, but the comparison shouldn’t have been limited to Plush vs Spindle.