Pouf Insert Source

I’m making a pouf ottoman, 18" round x 16" tall. I like my poufs to hold their shape, so I’m less interested in beanbag filling, and want foam inserts. I found several by googling, and thought I’d check if there was anything on this forum about the companies I was looking at. I see that foambymail has been commented on here as not the best source. Two of the other places I found that sell round cushions are pillowforminsert.com and .cushionsxpress.com. Any comments on these? Any other sources you’d suggest? I’m intending to use polyfoam, and would like a vendor that is easy to order from online and accurately describes their foam specs. I’d also appreciate advice on the ILD that would be most suitable. I’d like the pouf to be pretty firm - sink down an inch or two when I sit on it, but firm enough that it would function as an ottoman, holding up small items placed on it without collapsing.

Hi awoods,

I don’t know anything about the companies you mentioned but some of the polyfoam sources that are listed in the components list here sell polyfoam in any size, shape, density, and firmness you may need and would be a good source of guidance for what to use for an ottoman as well. A1 foam and fabrics, Foam online, and Foam order all sell polyfoam in different densities and firmnesses in the shape you are looking for and some of the others may as well.

Phoenix

Thanks a lot Phoenix!