Pregnant and hurting! Need a mattress, don't know where to shop in my city

I’m a side/stomach sleeper, about 130 lbs, my husband is also a side/stomach sleeper, about 175 lbs. We have been sleeping on a sagging, worn out spring mattress for years. We’d been considering a new one for quite some time, but were intimidated by the sky-high prices. Now, however, I’m 10 weeks pregnant, and my relentless back pain is telling me that we absolutely have to have a better mattress soon. I’ve read a lot of your information, and I’m wondering what stores to try. We live in Tulsa, OK. We’ve been to the major chains for field testing and are leaning toward memory foam. Even before finding this site, I was hesitant to buy certain name brands, like Serta, because of all the horrible reviews about bad customer service. Any suggestions?

Hi ks34,

Hopefully you have read post #1 here which is the best place to start your research.

Some of the better options and possibilities in the Tulsa, OK area I’m aware of are listed in post #2 here.

I would also be cautious about memory foam if your new baby will be sleeping on your mattress (see post #2 here which has links to most of the better forum threads and posts about mattresses and children).

Phoenix