Prodigy 2.0 adjustable...

Has anyone gotten one of these yet? I’m looking at it and it seems like a decent upgrade over the previous model, but I’m not sure about the new “microhook” retention system? Does it work well?

I’m also curious about mattress choice in general for adjustable beds. I’m thinking about the Wink bed mattress, how well do fairly thick mattresses like that (especially with springs) fare in adjustable beds, are there any known issues? The bed doesn’t have metal edges so it’s supposed to work, but I wonder how well…

Thanks!

Hi jvr,

I don’t have any personal experience with it so hopefully some of the members here that own it will see your post and share their comments. If the new microhook attachment system does work well then it would be an improvement IMO since retainer bars can make it more difficult to make the bed. It also includes a retainer bar as well so you would still have the option to use it if you wish and you would need to use it if you use a dust ruffle or bedskirt on your adjustable bed.

You can see some comments about Winkbeds in post #2 here and in post #2 here (along with many of the other “simplified choice” mattresses). A forum search on winkbed (you can just click the link) will also bring up more comments and feedback about it as well.

I would be somewhat cautious because the 2" of 1.5 lb polyfoam could be a weak link in the mattress.

Most pocket coil mattresses with foam edge support are flexible enough to work well on an adjustable bed so it shouldn’t be any problem although a thicker mattress may not conform to the bends in the adjustable quite as well as a thinner mattress.

Phoenix