Purchased Pure Latex Bliss Nature

Fern3520,
Congrats on your purchase. Even with tax and delivery, you got a great price on the PLB Nature. I’m assuming that it’s a queen size. The cheapest price I could find from a brick & mortar retailer was $2600. for the Nature queen set, but they are ~120 miles away from me in Asheville, NC, Sleepworld of Asheville The closest PLB retailer to me, the Bed Store, does not carry the Nature model.

Most etailers (Urban Sleep Store, Amazon, Sears) were charging $2670. for just the mattress. Not sure if this is the MAP (minimum advertised price) since the price on PLB’s website is $3299.

I purchased my PLB Nature queen set online from The Mattress Expert for $2499. delivered, post #1 My wife and I have slept on it for a few days to try it out. She has found it a bit too firm. She had a hip replacement about 5 years ago. I found it to be perfect. I have sciatica also caused by arthritic growth on a disk in my lower back pressing on the nerve.

My only complaint is the cheap PLB matching wood foundation. The tag on it says it’s 100% wood and manufactured in NC. It is just a wooden frame with the same fabric on its sides as the mattress. Underneath the foundation, besides the 1" x 3" sides and front and back wooden pieces, there are also 2 -1" x 3" wooden pieces that run from head to toe, neither of which is in the center. On the top side of the foundation under a piece of fabric is a ~1/2" thick layer of some type of fiber board that covers the whole top of the foundation. I purchased the PLB matching foundation because I thought that the mattress manufacturer should know exactly which foundation is suitable for their mattress, and it may be, but I would have saved some money by purchasing just the mattress and getting this foundation. This steel and birch slats combination frame and foundation would have also worked. It comes with 13 birch (not pine) slats, 7 extra slats if needed, and 2.5" high legs. When I chatted with them they offered me free shipping and a $25. off discount.

I was worried that the foundation would not sit properly on my steel frame, post #1. The 2 head to toe wooden pieces of the PLB foundation are sitting flat on the 2 cross beams, but there is no head to toe wooden piece sitting directly on the center beam.