Purchasing mattresses in the So Cal area

Dear Phoenix and forum members… other than the retailers that are members of Mattress Underground, are you able to recommend any others in the Orange County area using zip 92647 as center?

I prefer to test the bed by visiting a showroom or factory first, rather than buying online.

Thinking along the lines of latex or spring+latex, bit concerned about the weight for flipping a latex mattress.

Prefer a firm or medium firm mattress… I think I sometimes rotate through all sleep positions, think of myself as a stomach sleeper but have found that I side or back sleep sometimes too, would guess that is pretty common :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

Hi Ocsheh,

While there are too many variables and individual criteria involved for me to make any specific recommendations either for manufacturers/retailers or for mattresses … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the greater Los Angeles area (subject to the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here.

Latex is certainly a heavy material (similar to higher density memory foam) but there are also many latex mattresses that are one sided and don’t need to be flipped … just rotated. For latex mattresses that can be flipped it’s normally an easy enough job for two people.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix!