Pure Latex bliss Beautiful or Nutrition

Hi mike7,

This is taking some time but your comments are shifting which I’m glad to see so perhaps appealing to your logic will help you understand some of my other comments and some of my replies to some of your statements to which I have taken exception in other posts.

I’m glad to see you are now recognizing this …

Which is much different from when you said this …

and also contradicts this … (a statement I make frequently about the many lists or manufacturers and retailers that are all over the forum)

Finally … it seems to me that some of your misunderstanding about some of what I have posted revolves around this statement which you have quoted on several occasions …

In logic theory as well as math and computer programming … there is what is known as an “if then” statement or a “conditional” statement. This is because the truth of a conclusion in the last part of a statement (the THEN part) depends on the conditions of the first part of the statement (the IF part).

In the world of mattresses … there are often so many variables and unknowns that a more specific “black and white” or “always true” or “always false” statement is usually inaccurate because it depends on the specific variables, unknowns, and circumstances. Statements that imply “always” or “never” are easier to understand (there are only two possibilities) but are mostly inaccurate. A statement like this would be “you can always duplicate another mattress” or “you can never duplicate another mattress”. This is also made more difficult because the definition of “duplicate” can vary with different people. What “feels” the same for different people can vary widely.

This quote above is a conditional statement that comes from from a thread where a member in Canada was posting about duplicating some of his local experiences and was looking at DIY alternatives. You can see the context by reading all of his posts here and all my replies by clicking on the thread title of each of his posts. It was quite a lengthy exchange and some of the context of my replies is in the post before he referred to the same quote above.

He also makes a statement in response to a question about being “dissuaded” from a DIY construction by replying that he didn’t believe I was trying to dissuade him … only to make sure his “eyes were open” which was exactly correct.

You can also see one of my replies to him here which is a “conditional” or “IF THEN” statement …

In the end he ended up purchasing a mattress that was an “equivalent” to what he was looking at (not a duplicate) partly because of cost and partly because he was more on the “I can sleep on anything” end of the scale than the “princess and the pea” end of the scale where smaller differences may have been more noticeable to him.

You can see what he ended up purchasing in his post #11 here because he couldn’t find sources that could “duplicate” the mattress that was his “target” (and which he hadn’t tested).

I think much if not most of your misunderstanding may be clarified by recognizing the difference between a “conditional” statement which leads to the use of less absolute terminology such as “OFTEN” vs what you are seeing as contradictory statements. The goal of this site is partly to explore and educate the members here about the different circumstances, variables, and conditions (the “IF” part) that can lead to different outcomes. This leads to more complex and nuanced discussions that can take more careful reading.

Just to clarify as well because this isn’t quite correct … it’s actually 5% which caps out at $50 (on a mattress that is priced at $1000 or more) and this and any discount or bonus only applies to one of the members here (there are currently just over 20) and not to any of the hundreds of retailers or manufacturers that are mentioned in dozens of lists around the country (where I point to value wherever I find it) which represent the large majority of the mattresses that are purchased as a result of the information on this site.

Hopefully this has helped you better understand the reasoning behind some of the things you’ve read which you see as “contradictory” and we can move on to other more useful topics :slight_smile:

Phoenix