Pure Latex bliss Beautiful or Nutrition

Hi Mike7,

Your posts are becoming increasingly bogged down in detail, no longer particularly meaningful, and are too time consuming to continuously correct. They are also hijacking some of the more important discussions in the threads they are part of so I’ll makea few more comments and then this will be the end of this part of our discussion.

Beyond this I will caution you that if you continue to misrepresent what I have said, provide further advice that is not accurate or misleading, or continue in this same argumentative tone then I will transfer your posts to your own thread and remove them from the threads you post in (you would be one of the very few members here where I have had to do this). You are on the edge of forum trolling.

This quote comes from post #10 here. If you read the rest of the post you will see its context. You also need to include the meaning of all of the words so that you can tell discern the difference between absolute statements and cautionary statements that are meant to help people realize the potential risk of the direction they are going.

As I’ve mentioned before this is just not correct. The layers of the PLB that someone may want to duplicate are well known and the cover is a stretch knit cover and the ILD’s of Talalay are more specific than other types of latex so if you use the same layer thickness and the same type and ILD of latex and use a similar cover then you would have a virtual duplicate. The key here is that the layers of a mattress that you are duplicating are known (unlike many mattresses that people try to duplicate where they aren’t known) and al the specific materials are available. This still doesn’t deal with the fact that even if they do duplicate a PLB mattress successfully that it may not be suitable for them and then they have no recourse if they chose a design that isn’t suitable for them so the risk is higher.

The inaccuracy and the lack of knowledge behind your “advice” (what you “think” you’ve learned isn’t correct) is the reason for my response that you quoted …

This is in exactly the same post and is part of the same reply. It is also accurate (and contradicts your statement that a mattress can’t be duplicated which isn’t my own opinion which is why I corrected you in the previous quote). It also goes on to explain why the choice of a complete DIY without any guidance or exchange options is more risky when you don’t know the details of the layers you are duplicating with certainty. In some cases the components of a mattress can’t be purchased separately and then a DIY design would need to be an approximation or a translation. This may “feel” the same to a majority of people if the translation is equivalent to the original in terms of PPP but wouldn’t be a “duplicate” so it may not have the same feel and performance for all people.

I certainly understand “your” confusion but it’s because you are thinking in black and white terms and not trying to learn the circumstances when something may be one way and when it may be another. I had previously provided you with links about the different ways that a mattress can be duplicated long before this post … you just didn’t read them for some reason which is part of why our exchange has gone on for so long and perhaps why you continue to say the same thing so many times even though it won’t change the content of my replies to you before you decided that you wanted to argue or misrepresent what I have said more than you wanted to learn the information that may benefit you.

There is no contradiction here and it’s simply a guideline. If you read the rest of the post you will see that the 20% is a rough guideline to make up for the greater risk of an online purchase and is also a suggestion. It teaches a concept that greater risk needs is part of each person’s “personal value equation”. Each person has their own “formula” for value (which is the point of the post in the first place) and you certainly don’t have to follow any of the suggestions I make. Whether you agree or not though or whether it makes sense to you or not it is still a guideline I would suggest as part of assessing the “value” of a mattress purchase. It makes no difference to me if you follow it or not … its simply there as a suggestion based on experience that can help many people and whether you choose to follow it or ignore it or even whether you understand it is entirely up to you.

It would be more effective to speak for yourself and let others speak for themselves as well. You certainly don’t have the knowledge of mattress construction or the industry that your thoughts about “why people are confused” are particularly meaningful to me.

The rest of your comments are mostly going around in circles and covering old ground so I will end this discussion. Again … you are being “officially cautioned” to refrain from offering poor or misguided advice, to continue discussions that are only repetitive, or that misrepresents what someone else says (me or otherwise). You are on the edge of trolling and hijacking forum threads that don’t need the distraction and taking up far too much of my time that is better spent elsewhere.

If you have questions that you want answered or are more interested in learning than you are criticizing then you are welcome to continue posting. Otherwise there are other forums that you are welcome to post in where all opinions are welcome or you can make as many misleading statements as you wish whether they are accurate or not.

Phoenix