pure latex bliss "nature" queen size purchase question (WASHINGTON state)

Hello all,

I recently decided to upgrade old spring mattress and I have tried pure latex bliss “nature” model. I was quoted $1950 for just the queen size mattress is this a good deal? I live near Seattle, WA.

Also, I read here that I should look for solid foundation with less than 3 inches of gap. Is there a website that I can go look at that typically has good deal? I am looking to spend less than $500 for a wood platform bed.

I know all the websites that I need to go to get great deal when it comes to snowboarding gears but I know nothing about mattress :slight_smile:
any suggestions will be appreciated!

Hi beefchop,

The “value” of a mattress purchase depends on what else you are comparing it to or is available to you and the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you but it seems to be a good price for the PLB Nature if it’s a new mattress with a warranty (not a floor model or a comfort or warranty exchange) and you are confident that the Nature is a good match for you in terms of PPP. The online PLB prices (or the prices listed in the stores) are based on MAP pricing (minimum advertised pricing) and not necessarily actual selling prices so it may also be worth talking to some of the retailers in post #32 here who will ship any of the PLB mattresses across the country so you can compare it to what the same mattress would cost through them and use them as a “value” comparison.

The foundation that goes with the Nature is less than $500 and meets their warranty criteria but I have talked with retailers that aren’t too impressed with its quality (see this thread). There are some alternative foundations that may be worth considering in the foundation post here that have gaps less than 3" that would make good choices.

If you are looking for a slatted platform bed rather than a foundation then there are also a few listed there that may be worth considering but of course there are thousands of platform beds available across the country that would probably be suitable but that’s more of a furniture item that is outside the main focus of my research.

Phoenix