Pure Latex Bliss specs (Balance, Charm, Vitality models)

Hi dynamike,

Haynes furniture used to carry some of them but they don’t any longer and I don’t know of any others in the area. The Pure Latex Bliss site had a retail store finder but it isn’t functioning at the moment so you would need to call or email them to see if there are any others in the area that carry them.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Norfolk/Hampton/Newport News area are listed in post #2 here and there are some other latex options that may also be worth considering.

Phoenix

After lots more research, I am now actually considering an all latex mattress configuration. Got another question if you don’t mind.

Would there be any benefit or noticable difference between these two options given my height/weight 6’/175lbs:

OPTION 1:

2" 19 ILD over
2" 28 ILD over
3" 36 ILD

OPTION 2 (larger core):

2" 19 ILD over
2" 28 ILD over
6" 36 ILD

Hi dynamike,

[quote]After lots more research, I am now actually considering an all latex mattress configuration. Got another question if you don’t mind.

Would there be any benefit or noticable difference between these two options given my height/weight 6’/175lbs:[/quote]

Yes … the thicker core would probably feel softer and more “adaptable” for most people. You can read more about the effects of thickness in post #14 here.

Phoenix

Got it. One more question if you don’t mind.

Would there be any benefit or noticable difference between these:

OPTION 1:

2" 19 ILD over
2" 28 ILD over
6" 36 ILD

OPTION 2:

3" 19 ILD over
3" 28 ILD over
3" 36 ILD

Hi dynamike,

The benefit of one over the other would depend on which one was a better match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences).

For most people the version with the thicker top and middle layer would be noticeably softer in terms of pressure relief and would allow you to sink into the mattress more deeply. Softer/thicker comfort and transition layers may be beneficial for some side sleepers and softer comfort layers may also be beneficial for lighter body types.

Phoenix

If I got a king size from Sleep EZ they would have to glue pieces together to make One solid king size layer. Would laying on a glue seam be noticeable, especially with a non quilted cover? Does both Radium and Latex International do this to make a solid king size layer?

Hi dynamike,

If it was manufactured correctly then no … it would be very unlikely that anyone would feel it (see post #2 here).

Yes … queen size is the largest mold that both of them use to manufacture their latex cores.

Phoenix

Hi everyone,

I have tested an old version Pure Talalay Bliss mattress today (Balance) and i really liked it. I was told that this model has been discontinued, however, I am considering to buy separate layers and building my own mattress. I also tested pamper (too firm for me), and “Nature” which was ok, but maybe a little too firm. I would like to know what firmness of natural latex (dunlop or talalay would be the same firmness as the base 7"core in their “Balance” old model???

Can anyone help me please, I would appreciate.

Good morning Ikirik2000,

Phoenix is on a retreat until the end of this week, so we are aksing an Expert Member who specializes in DIY to weigh in on your post. Our Expert Members are asked to remain nuetral when providing advice. Hopefully this will assist you in the interim.

TMU Admin

Thank you.

Hi lkirik2000.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I can save you the trouble of finding out the layering of this mattress as I found it in some old records for the PTB Ballance (9")

• 2" ActiveFUSION Fast Natural Talalay; This is blended Talalay latex with phase change gel added to help with temperature regulation. It is a high quality and durable material.
    [li]7" Bonded Foam/Latex: This is a blend of polyfoam and latex similar to carpet padding where pieces of each material are compressed and bonded together. it is also a very durable material.
    I am not very sure what the ILD is but you may want to call Sleepworks here to see if they have the complete specs and then hand this over to Ken to help you approximate the feel you are looking for.
    [/li]

This would be what is called a latex hybrid which is a combination of latex in the comfort layers and a polyfoam support layer (or in this case a type or latex/polyfoam blend). This mattress was on the lower end of their line because it only has 2" of latex but all the materials were good quality and durable. The latex comfort layer may have been a little on the soft side (I am not very sure but I believe that it was 19 ILD) but it was also thin so that the “feel” of the firmer support layer did come through enough.

You can also read more about a polyfoam/latex hybrid and how it compares to an all latex mattress in post #2 here. In the case of the PLB, the support layer is higher quality than “regular” polyfoam so the difference may not be as much although how each performs and feels to you would be my primary consideration.

You are on the right track by seeking guidance from an experienced manufacturer such as Arizona Premium. Ken is very knowledgeable and extremely experienced to best approximate a mattress feel based on all the specs and your personal needs and preferences you may provide.

I know the feeling of finding something just right and striving to replicate it … good luck with the mattress matching.

Phoenix

I’m not even familiar with those models and that’s surprising because I used to sell PLB along side our own products. Their 7" core is probably no different than what most use in that type of mattress including us. It’s going to be equivalent to the #36 Talalay PLB uses in the Nature and Beautiful and most of their current models. It is a pure polyfoam core however and you can find our specs here - 6" HD Base Foam for DIY Mattress, DIY Latex Mattress Components
If you thought the Nature was a little firm then I would suggest topping this 7" core off with 3" of #19 Talalay. 2" is not enough as you would go right through it but 3" will usually do the job if you are under 200 lbs.

Does anyone happen to know the ILDs of the OLD Pure Latex Bliss/Pure Talalay Bliss Talalay Latex Toppers? I’m looking for the ILDs of the whichever ones would have been manufactured at around 2012 (I believe they have a new model now so I don’t know if the ILDs have changed).

Thanks! :slight_smile:

As far back as I can remember they used a 14 ILD for the top layer

Well, more specifically I meant the two mattress toppers (Plush and Firm) that they offer separate from their mattresses:

http://puretalalaybliss.com/product/custom-fit-3-plush-topper/
http://puretalalaybliss.com/product/custom-fit-3-firm-topper/

14 ILD for the plush and 28 ILD for the firm.

Thank you! c:

My pleasure.

The plush topper has changed to being more like ILD 21 - we just purchased one a few months ago after our original ILD 14 bought a few years back needed replacing. It is definitely firmer than the older models… which we actually like better. Perhaps Phoenix can find out the exact new ILD of the toppers.

Good question, Talalay Bliss is just that, Talalay. They do not use dunlop in any of their designs to my knowledge. Most all models used a #36 ILD base core which is 6" not 7". Also, what they call natural talalay is actually blende talalay. What they call All Natural talalay is just that. If you don’t read the fine print you can easily be led to think natural talalay is all natural. All their popular models are in fact blended talalay.