Pure Latex Bliss

Yesterday was my first day shopping for a new mattress and my first time trying out a latex mattress. I tried out a few Pure Latex Bliss mattresses. I think I liked the nutrition, but I’m not 100% sure. It was also a bit out of our price range as well. I also liked the hybrid ones (not sure of the model I tried). They also had the Saint Honore mattress, part of the prestige collection and all I can say is wow. It was truly amazing, but wayyyyyy out of our price range. So my question is, how do the hybrids compare to the pure latex mattresses? and also, are there any other, less expensive latex brands that are recommended?

I am in Long Island, NY so I am considering checking out Scott Jordan or Dixie Foam. Our budget is $2500-$3,000 (with delivery and tax) for a king. Will I be able to find something?

Hi jackie311,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place I would start is the mattress shopping tutorial post here.

You can read a little more about all latex mattresses vs latex/polyfoam hybrids in post #2 here.

There is also more in post #6 here about the different types and blends of latex.

I don’t recommend specific brands or mattresses because how well a mattress matches your needs and preferences in terms of PPP along with the materials in a mattress are much more important than the name on the label (see post #13 here for the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase) but there are certainly many smaller manufacturers that make and sell latex mattresses that are in a lower budget range than the PLB (either factory direct or through better sleep shops). If you are also open to looking at online retailers or manufacturers the tutorial post includes a link to a list of the members here that sell online and compete well with the best in the industry and many of these make and sell a wide range of latex mattresses with a wide range of designs, types and blends of latex, options, and budget ranges and many of these are well within your budget range.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Long Island area are listed in post #4 here and both of these are members of this site and would certainly be well worth including in your research.

There are certainly many high quality latex mattresses in your budget range.

Phoenix