Quality matress outlet /Mfg in the Northern Nj area?

After spending some time reading the great information here I realize how little I knew about Mattresses. I believe what we need is an innerspring support layer with a thicker firmer comfort level, I was looking for suggested outlets in our area where we can actually try them out. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Hi badsleeper,

I’m glad you found us … and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’m not sure where you are in Northern NJ but the better options and possibilities I’m aware of (subject to the “value” guidelines here) would be listed in post #2 here and the other lists it links to.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix

Thanks for your reply. We went to a recomended member in Fanwood NJ and are now considering a full latex option. Before spending that amount( on a quality product ) I wanted to do a little more research and I would like to try another manufacturer that offers a comparable product. I am trying to locate local outlets that offer this as an option. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi badsleeper,

I don’t keep a record of the specific mattresses that are available at each of the many retailers that are listed in the hundreds of lists throughout the forum (that would be more athan any one person could keep up with in a constantly changing market) so you will need to check the websites (which are often incomplete) or call the ones that are in reasonable driving distance to find out whether they have any all latex or “mostly latex” mattresses on the floor.

In the West Milford, NJ list the only one would be Ikea in Paramus, NJ.

I don’t know of any in the Middletown, NY list.

In the Westchester, NY list (outside of Ikea) the only one I know of would be Healthy Choice which has stores in Mt Kisco, NY., Westport, Danbury, CT., and Ridgewood, NJ.

There are quite a few in each of the Blakeslee, PA., New York, NY., and Monroe/Newark, NJ. lists but I don’t know which of these are within reasonable driving distance for you.

Phoenix

We, too, went to Shovlin and while we liked them we ultimately went with the all natural latex 10000/10" from Sleep EZ and weeks of research and closely considering the Aloe Alexis from Brooklyn Bedding.

The bed should arrive by week’s end and I’ll post my thoughts after a few nights on it.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Phoenix
We have finally gotten back to our search for a new mattress. We have decided that we want to try a latex Vs an innerspring. We have narrowed our choices to the Nirvana by Shovlin , the Madison from Urban Natural and the Dreambed deluxe from Dixie foam. My wife prefers them all with an additional Latex topper,

Are there any "weak links " I should be aware of in any of these choices?

Thank you in advance for your advice

Hi badsleeper,

No … there aren’t any lower quality materials or weak links in any of the mattresses you are considering and you are certainly looking at some good options.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses.

Phoenix

We decided on the Madison(BE) from Urban Natural. The sales experience there was a good one. Ali is pleasant, knowledgeable and not pushy. We ordered the slat system and the BE latex topper as well.

I will update on our experience with the delivery service and our mattress selection after we have slept on it for awhile. Thank you again for the information you provide and the advice you offer. It was quite an education.

Hi badsleeper,

It sounds like you did some very good research, had a list of finalists that were between “good and good”, and then ended up making a final choice that was the best “match” for you in terms of suitability (PPP), durability, and all the other criteria that are important to you.

In other words … I think you did well in both the process and your choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix