Quality Value Comparison: SleepEZ Roma vs. Brooklyn Bedding #BestMattressEver

I’ve been trying to narrow down the best quality value mattress online without getting a chance to try any in person. I thought I had narrowed it down to the SleepEZ Roma but now that Brooklyn Bedding has come out with their #BestMattressEver, I’ve got some serious comparing to do.

SleepEZ Roma
In corner #1, SleepEZ offers an incredible value for a 9"inch mattress. This bed is almost a full latex bed that comes with the incredible price of $525 for a Twin XL made up of the following:

• 6" 100% Dunlop Latex
  • 1.5" of CertiPUR foam quilted into the cover on each side for a plush top
  • Double-sided mattress: Medium Plush on side A and Firm on side B

Brooklyn Bedding #BestMattressEver
In corner # 2, we have almost the opposite of the bed above. The core is not latex but HD poly whereas the comfort layers are Talalay latex and Dunlop latex. A Twin XL runs for $475.00
Cover

[ul]
[/ul]Quilted cotton fabric
Comfort Layers

[ul]
[li]2" Talalay Latex[/li]
[li]2" Dunlop Latex[/li]

[/ul]Core Layer

[ul]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/ul]6" High density poly foam

Both of these mattresses are completely different yet here I am comparing the two. Do I go with the Roma, a mattress that has the most latex with 6 inches and is also reversible, or do I go with the matteress that has 4 inches of latex with 2 inches being Talalay latex and 2" being Dunlop and 6 inches of HD poly? Extremely tough choice here. Both mattresses have similar

SleepEZ has a 90 day money back guarantee less flatt a $99 fee whereas Brooklyn Bedding has 120 day night money back guarantee.with zero return fees. The Brooklyn Bedding mattress costs $50 less. I find myself leaning towards the SleepEZ mattress simply because it’s got more latex, so in theory, it’s more durable, but we are only talking about a 2-inch difference here., Of course, BB’s mattress is an inch higher but the majority of the bed is poly foam, so the question becomes which would I prefer as a comfort layers, Talalay latex or polyforam? I have no idea at this time. Arrrrgh.

Any thoughts?

Hi electricrelish,

You are certainly looking at some great quality/value choices and I can understand that it would be difficult to choose between them.

These two mattresses do have have some similarities in terms of their top layers which are the most significant part of what you “feel” on a mattress.

The Brooklyn Bedding #BestMattressEver has a thin polyfoam quilting (less than an inch) on top of 4" of latex in the comfort layers (2" of blended Talalay and 2" of continuous pour synthetic Dunlop).

The SleepEZ Roma has a little thicker polyfroam quilting layer so it would have a little more surface softness but other than that you would also be sleeping primarily on latex comfort layers (in this case 100% natural Dunlop).

The #BestMattressEver uses Talalay in the top 2" and the continuous pour Dunlop in the next 2" (which is somewhat “in between” the feel of Talalay and molded 100% natural Dunlop) so this one may be closer in “feel” to the mattress you already have (which is Talalay) which your father seems to like.

On the other hand … it’s certainly possible that he (or you) may prefer the “feel” of sleeping on Dunlop even more.

The Roma gives you two firmness choices that you can change after a purchase by flipping the mattress so you have some flexibility after a purchase but once you have decided on the one you prefer it’s likely that that’s the sleeping surface you would be using most of the time (although in some circumstances it may be a useful option to be able to choose a different firmness from you would normally prefer).

The #BestMattressEver gives you three firmness choices but you would need to choose the one you would be most likely to prefer when you make your purchase (or exchange for a different firmness).

Other than that and of course the differences in the support cores (which is 6" of 2 lb polyfoam in the #BestMattressEver and a thinner layer of 100% natural Dunlop in the Roma) … the main differences would be the in the prices and the return options.

When you are down to finalists that are all choices between “good and good” (which you are) and none of them have any weak links or lower quality materials in their design (which they don’t) and if there are no clear winners between them then you are in the fortunate position that either of them would likely be a suitable choice and post #2 here can help you make a final choice based on your local testing or mattresses you have slept well on, your more detailed conversations with each of them, your confidence about the suitability of each one, their prices, the options you have after a purchase to change the firmness or exchange or return the mattress, any additional extras that are part of each purchase, and on “informed best judgement” based on all the other objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding :slight_smile:

Phoenix