Queen 3" Natural Latex Mattress Pad

Has anyone gotten the Queen 3" Natural Latex Mattress Pad from Arizona mattress (matresses.net)? , i am just wondering if anyone has tried it out and has any opinions about it. Thank you!

Hi gingerbreadman1984,

As you may know Arizona Premium / Mattresses.net is a member of this site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, knowledge, and transparency and they are certainly among the “value” leaders in the industry.

I’m not sure which of their toppers you are referring to since they sell two 3" natural latex toppers. This one is made from 100% natural Dunlop latex and this one is made from 100% natural Talalay latex. There is more about the differences between Dunlop and Talalay in post #7 here.

I would keep in mind that there is no “standard” definition or consensus of opinion for firmness ratings and different people can also have very different perceptions of firmness and softness compared to others as well and a topper that feels firm for one person can feel like “medium” for someone else or even “soft” for someone else depending on their body type, sleeping style, physiology, their frame of reference based on what they are used to, their individual sensitivity and perceptions, and the specific mattress they are using it on (which will have a significant effect on how firm or soft a topper feels as well). This is all relative and is as much an art as a science. There are also different types of firmness and softness that different people may be sensitive to that can affect how they “rate” a topper (see post #15 here).

I would also be very cautious about using other people’s reviews or experiences on a topper (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how suitable or how soft or firm it may feel to you and in many cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a topper that would be a perfect choice for one person on a specific mattress may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (either on the same or on a different mattress) or vice versa (see post #13 here).

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed conversation (I would avoid email for anything more than single sentence or “yes or no” questions … see here) with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specific options they have available based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific toppers to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences than anyone else.

As far as the quality/durability of the toppers … latex itself is a very high quality material and in general is the most durable of all the foam materials so if you know you like the feel and resilience of latex (either Dunlop or Talalay) and you are comfortable with the firmness choice you are making then either one of these toppers would certainly make a great quality/value and very durable topper choice.

Phoenix

Above is a link to the mattress. I was looking to see if anyone had purchased it, so maybe they could provide a better description. It says it has over 100 individual latex pillows, I was wondering if these are shredded latex, or tallay, or Dunlop. I am not looking for a comfort review really, more of a construction review. I will email mattresses.net also and see what they say. Thank you for the amazing site and collection of data, I love it

Hi gingerbreadman1984,

The topper is made from solid 100% natural Dunlop latex and the “pillows” on the surface are a surface modification that are part of the shape of the “duvet” mold that the latex is poured in. There are some more comments about it in post #4 here but the “pillows” would result in a slightly softer surface compared to a topper that was the same density/ILD and had a flat surface. It’s certainly a great price for a 3" 100% natural Dunlop topper.

Phoenix