Queen Size Healthcare Memory Foam Crescendo or Restonic Melrose Plush

I love the site, almost too much info for me to absorb! Can someone help with these mattresses? I am looking at Midwest mattress (member) and found these two. I asked the questions on the specs and here is what I received back:

Melrose Plush
13" Thick Mattress
Premium Damask cover (silk and wool blend)
Polyurethane foam in the quilted cover.
Gel infused memory foam (70lbs)(20%-80% blend of gel to memory foam)
805 14 Gauge coil unit with more coils in the middle third of the
mattress of extra support and comfort
2 sided design for optimum durability.
All wrapped together with a 1.8 lbs foam encasement
10 Year manufactures warranty (1 1/2" impression or deeper it is
considered defected)

All Healthcare models use a 2lb foam density core with a 35lb ILD
Health Care Crescendo
11" Thick Mattress
Poly-cotton cover (hypoallergenic)
3" gel infused memory foam (35lbs)
1" traditional open celled memory foam
3" Plush Support foam
4"Posture support foam
20 Year manufactures warranty (3/4" body impressions or deeper it is
considered defected)

Hope this helps, let me know if either of these are a decent mattress.

Thanks for the help!

Hi PantherFans,

The information you would need to assess the quality of all the materials in a mattress and make sure there are no “weak links” are in this article and the guidelines I would suggest using are in post #4 here.

With the Restonic I would want to make sure you have listed all the layers and to know the thickness of the quilting. If it was 2" or more then I would want to know the type and quality of the quilting material as well. I’m guessing that the memory foam is 7.0 lbs (not 70 lbs) which would be a high quality material. Assuming that you have listed all the layers, the quilting is less than 2", and that the memory foam is 7 lbs then there would be no weak links in the mattress.

With the Health Care Mattress I am guessing that the 35 lbs means 3.5 lbs which is on the low side (under 4 lbs) but would be more acceptable in a low budget mattress and I would also want to know the density of the other foam layers as well.

Phoenix